Sign in to follow this  
Hepius

What are you good at?

Using >100 and > 2000 I have 12

lights: 3 tier 7, 1 tier 6, 1 tier 5

heavies: 1 tier 8, 3 tier 9

mediums: 3 tier 9

Generally squares with my observation/belief that I should only play 7s and 9s (and a couple of OP tier 8 premiums) if I wanted to maximize my stats... 

I need to go back and look at tiers.  I think mine are all over the map.  I doubt I even have one at tier X.  Tier IX is a nice spot.

this was an interesting exercise...

Going with the original criteria on WotLabs I found only 4 tanks (cause reasons) 3 being LT's and 1 an HT. When I drop to a WN8 of 1500 I get 2 more HT's and 3 MT's. Excluding the battle count (i.e. including all tanks with at least a WN8 of 1600) I have 19 tanks and 12 of them are LT's. That's a surprise to me. I've enjoyed HT's and TD's at times but I felt my best class was MT's... maybe I should work a little more on LT's since they seem to get me better results.

27 minutes ago, The_Dad said:

this was an interesting exercise...

Going with the original criteria on WotLabs I found only 4 tanks (cause reasons) 3 being LT's and 1 an HT. When I drop to a WN8 of 1500 I get 2 more HT's and 3 MT's. Excluding the battle count (i.e. including all tanks with at least a WN8 of 1600) I have 19 tanks and 12 of them are LT's. That's a surprise to me. I've enjoyed HT's and TD's at times but I felt my best class was MT's... maybe I should work a little more on LT's since they seem to get me better results.

LTs are the easiest tanks to use to pad your WN8.

14 hours ago, ncpinz said:

I need to go back and look at tiers.  I think mine are all over the map.  I doubt I even have one at tier X.  Tier IX is a nice spot.

Yeah, I didn’t have any tier Xs above 2000 wn8... going back to >1600 I have:

heavies: Maus, Ehundo, S Conq, IS7

meds: E50M

tds: V4

I only have one tier X light, the t100lt with only 25 games.

I have a number of Xs >1500... but mostly heavies...

This further confirms my sense of my historical (relative) competence in heavies. 

I only chose 1600 Wn8 because it is the "blue" number and gave me an easy number of tanks to look at. Good for me might be 1600, but for other people "good" might be 2200 or 1100. 

I also took a look at my 20 highest win rate tanks with >100 battles. Mediums dominated that list with TDs in second. 

I really want to improve my heavy tank play. 

Why are light tanks easier to pad wn8? Wn8 doesn't include spotting, so aren't you bending your tank role to get the damage in? Or?

2 hours ago, Mykk said:

Why are light tanks easier to pad wn8? Wn8 doesn't include spotting, so aren't you bending your tank role to get the damage in? Or?

Low expected damage and they are generally played poorly. So, play well and get damage...easy peasy.

I went back and looked at my tier Xs for my criteria (>100 and >2000).  Only two...B-C 25t and E-50M.  Both mediums but an odd pair.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:36 PM, Mykk said:

You pretty much summed it up why !

Most players play scouts to spot and like you said spotting doesn't count , so when competent players play and can farm damage it's easier to farm win8 cause the expected is so low due to the majority of the population just spotting .