Sign in to follow this  
Hepius

What are you good at?

I thought I'd analyze my best tanks. I chose to look at tanks with >100 battles and >1600 Wn8. There were 18 tanks matching these stats. 

7 TDs

5 LTs

6 MTs

0 HTs

0 SPGs

6/7 TDs are turreted. 1/7 is an armored "assault" TD. 

4/5 LTs are autoloaders. 1 is a "derp" TD.

4/6 MTs are Russian. 2/6 are autoloaders. 

Takeaways: I suck at HTs. I'm good with autoloaders and turreted TD's. 

How about you?

44 here... decent spread across classes. I know I’m best at heavies... but do have a number of high performing (for me) mediums and lights. My worst class are TDs... they mostly require patience...and, well, yeah. 

Interesting idea, +1. 

Following the criteria...150 tanks. That’s too many too break down. What are the fancy stat sites that can do it for me @Mykk?

Conclusion, I need a new hobby. 

Thanks for asking. Life is really busy right now, but what I'd like to do is revisit a project I did a couple weeks ago. I went to six sites and extracted the data into a local Excel spreadsheet. This was easy or hard depending on the site. But I thought it would be a good article for me to write and get feedback on.

For quickly looking something up online, Noobmeter is a really good resource right now. WoTLabs had the most stats, but was a royal PITA to export.

No good answer for you Grant. I'm thinking an export and a pivot table.

ps. Nobody wants to hear your stats anyway 😉

My list were three tier 4s, two tier 5s, and two tier 6s. Nothing exciting, and not enough information to say what I'm good at.

The two tier 6s were the T-150 and the Cromwell B. I enjoy both a lot, but particularly the Cromwell B which fits like a glove and has one of my best crews.

I've always thought I was a better player at light tanks than my stats would indicate because I prefer the spotting aspect and not the damage aspect that wn8 requires.

8 minutes ago, Mykk said:

Thanks for asking. Life is really busy right now, but what I'd like to do is revisit a project I did a couple weeks ago. I went to six sites and extracted the data into a local Excel spreadsheet. This was easy or hard depending on the site. But I thought it would be a good article for me to write and get feedback on.

For quickly looking something up online, Noobmeter is a really good resource right now. WoTLabs had the most stats, but was a royal PITA to export.

No good answer for you Grant. I'm thinking an export and a pivot table.

ps. Nobody wants to hear your stats anyway 😉

I want to know 😞

7 minutes ago, Mykk said:

The current sites that I found were:

Tanks.gg
Clantools
WoT-Life
Noobmeter
WoTLabs
WoT-Stats

Wow, options. 

I adjusted the original criteria to >100 battles and >2000 Wn8.

LT - 5
MT - 18
TD - 8
HT - 11
SPG - 5

Total count of vehicles is 444.  Yes I've played for a long time.

So I guess mediums are where I do a bit better.  The heavies I do well in are generally more mobile with good gun handling (e.g. Conq and 110).  TDs are typically turreted with a few exceptions.  Lights are a mixed bag but would generally be considered your better for the tier (e.g.T37, Bullydog, T-127).  SPGs would also be considered better for their tier (GW Panther, tier IX Bat) but does include a very old one...SU-26.  All of those battles were from its pre-nerf days where it also functioned as a turreted TD.  It was so very OP and hilarious fun until someone figured out it was broken.

Edit - My highest Wn8 with >100 battles is the Japanese tier IV light, Ke-Ho.  A very potent tank that is not played much.  160 battles with a Wn8 of 2735 and a WR of 60.62%.  I initially kept it thinking they might come back and add Japanese lights, but found it is an underestimated boss on the battlefield.