Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Twitch Prime - Care Package ECHO

So they released Care Package Echo yesterday for Twitch Prime subs. There are some nice rentals that come with it, but the big draw is the King Tiger (C). It's a US tier VII Premium Heavy Tank. If you claim the care package, you get the Tiger for free.

There is a catch though. It's only available to play in your garage as long as you have an active sub to Twitch Prime. If you let your subscription expire, the tank will become unavailable for you to play.

RdiJryi.png

The rentals for this care package are for 14 days as usual and both come with discount coupons if you like them enough to buy them.

7VGFlqs.png

Loot for the month include:

1. An exclusive US commander
  2. 10 Large Repair Kits
  3. 10 Missions: x5 XP for Victory (after the daily Victory bonus has been used up)
  4. Beyond the Call Service Medal
  5. 1 Day of WoT Premium

isgWh08.png

There are also 6 rewards for finishing the Echo missions. There is a lot of XP to be earned from these if you can complete them all, but they can only be completed in the King Tiger (C). Which means that it can bank you a large some of XP to convert to Free XP if you don't have your accelerated crew training on.

1. Destroy 15 enemies - 10,000 XP
  2. Destroy 20 enemies - 20,000 XP
  3. Destroy 25 enemies - 30,000 XP
  4. Destroy 1 enemy - 2,500 XP
  5. Collect 30 mission specific Tokens - 25,000 XP
  6. Top 5 base XP & win (first wins don't count) - x5 Crew XP

**Missions Echo: 1st Reward, Echo: 2nd Reward, Echo: 3rd Reward and missions Echo: 4th Reward and Echo: 5th Reward can be completed simultaneously.**

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/twitch-package-echo/

I'm not loving the whole "subscription tank" idea. Something about stuff I do outside the game affecting my play inside the game just, I don't know, sets my spidey senses off a little. Gym memberships, Facebook accounts, buying a certain amount of groceries per week at a specific grocery store chain...

4 minutes ago, Mykk said:

I'm not loving the whole "subscription tank" idea. Something about stuff I do outside the game affecting my play inside the game just, I don't know, sets my spidey senses off a little. Gym memberships, Facebook accounts, buying a certain amount of groceries per week at a specific grocery store chain...

Yeah, I’d just like to have the tank, even if I have to pay more for it. 

Look at it this way - with a Prime membership you get the tank - but you also get Prime Video, and Prime music. just that makes it worth it

I'm Amazon Prime and therefore Twitch, so no big deal for me there, but to me it's that whole "slippery slope" concept, that they can give you a tank but you still don't "own" it

I figure I might as well with my Amazon Prime account.  It is a decent tank.  I'm gradually getting the hang of it.  Solid armor you can count on most of the time, until someone switches to premium ammo.  The gun is decent but the fire rate is a little low. It is nice having a good premium American heavy.