Sign in to follow this  
mosinut

Changes inbound for Naval Battles

Noticed this morning that WG is changing the metric for earning stars in Naval Battles to damage vs. base XP.

During a period of two weeks from May 6 until May 19, players will be required to cause damage in both Preparation and the Engagement stages

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/naval-battle-new-missions/

For D-H-O the bar is 7,838,000 damage.

Does this then make it so co-op is a possible route to support the clan (for those of us that enjoy the world of things)? Seems like it at face value, but I haven't read through the article yet.

17 minutes ago, Gaarafield said:

Does this then make it so co-op is a possible route to support the clan (for those of us that enjoy the world of things)? Seems like it at face value, but I haven't read through the article yet.

That is my take. Damage is damage no matter the mode.

The missions will be as follows:

• Cause 10,000 HP of damage
  • Cause 20,000 HP of damage
  • Cause 40,000 HP of damage
  • Cause 60,000 HP of damage

After completing these, each following mission will require players to cause an additional 10,000 HP of damage.

I much prefer damage. Tired off 200k damage games being loses and have a base of 1450.

I think the increments will be much better too. It seems like (to my noob eyes) that the increasing damage amounts will be much more smooth progression vs. the base xp.

So was that one week with damage targets just a trial run? I've seen it go back to xp recently which means I'm not adding any value over in co-op land.

Looks like it.  It is now BASE XP, which means that if you don't get a win, you best farm that damage.