Sign in to follow this  
ncpinz

New Swedish Mediums (tier 8, 9 & 10)

Starting this thread to discuss the new Swedish medium tanks starting at version 1.5.  

I was able to jump into the tier 8 using some free exp.  From the Leo, it is around 93k to get into the UDES 14 Alt 5.  Because I burned free exp to get into the tank, I didn't have enough to get any modules.  Radios were already researched from either the TDs or heavies.  You don't have much weight capacity, so I had to buy the suspension equipment so I could load vents and rammer.

The stock gun is not very accurate but the rate of fire is ok.  Have gold rounds so you can fight higher tiers.  Stock engine and tracks make for bad hull traverse.  It is not quick but the top speed is passable.  I was able to grind the mid-gun which is better.  Much better pen and a little more accuracy.  Hull down is a decent tank.  Still soft though.  In the open, you are a sitting duck so don't get too aggressive.  Ended Day 1 with mid-gun and tracks.  May change the equipment to rammer, vstab, and vents.

Didn't like my thread eh? Just wasn't good enough for ya, was it? I get it... :sleep

I like this tier 8 yet I don't know why I like it?? Its not amazingly good , but it has carry potential . Take advantage of the insane view range ,I'm punching at least 470M and with the added camo rating it can do well at actively spotting enemies as you flex into various locations.  Grind complete gonna get 3 perks on the crew then buy the tier 9 but I think I 'm gonna keep this little fella and stick a female crew in it. Havent tried it with the 90mm  yet , must test it out gun on paper has better handling than the 105.

Point worth making I believe this tank will do very well in frontline! Good alpha on the gun, its accurate Id say better than the progetto standard shells but not as good as an strv s1's handling, View range as i said will get you plenty of assistance , also its the most flexible t8 medium with a 400 alpha gun with enough speed to keep you in the action! I recommend grinding in the upcoming frontline if you haven't already started! 

shot_433.thumb.jpg.a488403707af73c99059084dba98bd3c.jpg

I had 93k XP saved on the Leo, and then I invested free XP to unlock all the modules, so keep mind that I'm not starting from stock when I voice my enjoyment with this vehicle. 

I've only got 15 games with it so far, but I do enjoy it and I seem to play it well. 

Pros:
1. Very nice Alpha 
2. Respectable mobility
3. Good view range - 438m, with Coated Optics and BIA crew, but no food
4. Low profile - hide behind ridges easily
5. DAMN GOOD gun depression 

Cons:
1. Made of paper - no bounces, all pens; according to my vehicle stats my armor efficiency is only 0.05 in this vehicle so far, whereas my T-44-100 is 0.27... nearly 5x better
2. Gun Accuracy will fail you at long range - I had side shots on 4 heavies from a hidden position just outside 450m and my shells dug dirt on 5 or 6 straight shots, fully aimed... that's like 2k less damage than I should have had that battle... 😞
3. Did I mention that its made of paper?

IMHO, it gets around the battlefield at a perfect speed, brings a nice kill-stealing amount of Alpha, and can work ridge lines and small hills like a BOSS (balancing out the lack of armor).

I approve.

9 hours ago, Vikinger said:

I had 93k XP saved on the Leo, and then I invested free XP to unlock all the modules, so keep mind that I'm not starting from stock when I voice my enjoyment with this vehicle. 

I've only got 15 games with it so far, but I do enjoy it and I seem to play it well. 

Pros:
1. Very nice Alpha 
2. Respectable mobility
3. Good view range - 438m, with Coated Optics and BIA crew, but no food
4. Low profile - hide behind ridges easily
5. DAMN GOOD gun depression 

Cons:
1. Made of paper - no bounces, all pens; according to my vehicle stats my armor efficiency is only 0.05 in this vehicle so far, whereas my T-44-100 is 0.27... nearly 5x better
2. Gun Accuracy will fail you at long range - I had side shots on 4 heavies from a hidden position just outside 450m and my shells dug dirt on 5 or 6 straight shots, fully aimed... that's like 2k less damage than I should have had that battle... 😞
3. Did I mention that its made of paper?

IMHO, it gets around the battlefield at a perfect speed, brings a nice kill-stealing amount of Alpha, and can work ridge lines and small hills like a BOSS (balancing out the lack of armor).

I approve.

How are you only getting 438 view range with bia ? Do you not use situational awareness ? 

3 hours ago, Lt_jackson_13 said:

How are you only getting 438 view range with bia ? Do you not use situational awareness 

No Sit Aware yet.

My crew was fresh on the second go-around for the Leo, so they only have 1 1/2 skills unlocked (except Commander, I boosted him to get Sixth Sense, so he's at 2 1/2 skills)

Commander: BIA, Sixth Sense, Camo (50%)
Gunner: BIA, Camo (50%)
Driver: BIA, Camo (50%)

I started off well and sank last night with some bad matches.  Without being fully kitted, I'm struggling to carry.  I'm probably too aggressive as well.

Played the tier 8 once and it felt pretty good. I think it could be clearer when the gun depression activates. The mechanic will take some getting used to. 

12 hours ago, Lt_jackson_13 said:

5.7K in any tier VIII is impressive! I think the only tier VIII I ever broke 6K in was my Skorp G...