Sign in to follow this  
gpc_4

Map Discussion 1.0 Redux: Westfield

I'll quote Holsy from last time:

Win hill, win the match. I take everything to the NW hill. jpe100 vs 3 arty...hill. bottom tier LT....hill. -4 gun depression...hill.

For a map that only has one way to win...I still kinda of like it. Hill is usually quickly decided which is why is is important to win vs the SE.

You'll notice good players tend to play the part of hill that is closer to the village. There is a bit of a flat spot there to peak over on.

When there is a ton of arty you still have to win north. Take your HP over there, get splashed some, but contribute.

I approve of this message.

1 hour ago, xtc4 said:

I'll quote Holsy from last time:

Win hill, win the match. I take everything to the NW hill. jpe100 vs 3 arty...hill. bottom tier LT....hill. -4 gun depression...hill.

For a map that only has one way to win...I still kinda of like it. Hill is usually quickly decided which is why is is important to win vs the SE.

You'll notice good players tend to play the part of hill that is closer to the village. There is a bit of a flat spot there to peak over on.

When there is a ton of arty you still have to win north. Take your HP over there, get splashed some, but contribute.

I approve of this message.

Well said. I will say I have started to go south every now and then. Mostly out of boredom. It actually isn’t that hard to be productive there. Having said that, I only do it when the comp points clearly that way... and I will bail quickly on going there if there are only a few/none going that way. 

Late to this party, but for the most part, yah win north and you will control the map.  Just an fyi for DHO people playing south.  There is a BS position in the south, J0/K0, for medium tanks with some turret armor and good camo.  Hmmmm, which tank nation would that be 🤔...  There are a couple mounds near the red line covered in foliage, but enough room to hull down your medium between the redline and the mounds.  You get, hulldown advantage, camo bonus and spotting into the Southwest.  Get there quick enough from the Northeast spawn and you are in a very good position to dominate the south fight in that corner.  Its very difficult for Southwest spawn approaching tanks to dig you out or even see you there. I suspect it will be removed at some point in the future, but for now abuse it if you can.

55 minutes ago, Xperiment2g said:

Late to this party, but for the most part, yah win north and you will control the map.  Just an fyi for DHO people playing south.  There is a BS position in the south, J0/K0, for medium tanks with some turret armor and good camo.  Hmmmm, which tank nation would that be 🤔...  There are a couple mounds near the red line covered in foliage, but enough room to hull down your medium between the redline and the mounds.  You get, hulldown advantage, camo bonus and spotting into the Southwest.  Get there quick enough from the Northeast spawn and you are in a very good position to dominate the south fight in that corner.  Its very difficult for Southwest spawn approaching tanks to dig you out or even see you there. I suspect it will be removed at some point in the future, but for now abuse it if you can.

Yeah works from South spawn as well... its a bit of a risk as if the other team brings more weight to that corner... you will get caught out... this is where xvm helps a bit... a blue+ fast med will be thinking what you are thinking 😉 its an aggressive play, but if the comp works, potentially a really good one. 

I absolutely love the heavy flank on this map but unfortunately artillery really dampens the spirits , Id even say that this flank suffers the most from artillery compared to any over map, even Malinovka hill is safer in my opinion. Yes the hill =wins but I beg to differ , I play field mostly all the time except on two occasions A. In  a heavy or B. Medium with good gun dp. 

I enjoy the field as i feel like i can control the entire map from that location , its very easy to flex between the bases therefore you can help both attackers and defenders. although usually if you have won the K9 region it usually means the heavys have lost and then it becomes the bush wookie farm of the century. Take note if you do play field and you see the heavy flank is losing you must do all you can to take control of the southern flank. what you will find is that a lot of teams will after winning the heavy flank choose to flush you out from the south dropping into the valley and just making lots of mistakes, you can really benefit from that as you have plenty of bushes and a good line of sight. 

north = win yes in most cases 
south = avg players can have some really epic carries and farms
(I like a challenge so its why i tend to play field, I miss the old days with lots of close games )