Sign in to follow this  
Juggernaut41

Avoiding CW technical default

So, we had a technical default last night and a 12-person match. Wotbot sent out notice of battles at 3:34pm in discord. So it wasn’t like it was a last minute “try and rally” sorta thing. I get that folks like FL... but we had 10 of the 19 on joining for the first (tech default) and 12 of 20 on for the second (hard enough to win with a full team).

A couple of things:

- hopefully this was just a one-off miss

- if you are part of dho-x, it is expected that if u are on that you try and join organized play on Tues/Thurs/Sat if we have it going on. If you can’t do that, reconsider if you want to be in X. If there is another issue that’s keeping you away, DM me and we can hash it out. I get that it hasn’t always been fun recently (but we have had our moments) and you may be frustrated about not getting in because of tank comps... but, again, either we have an organized play requirement or we don’t. We still have one. At least pop in to make sure we have numbers. 

- I know everyone gets this, but gonna say it anyway. Calling is hard. It is doubly hard when you spend 1-2 hours solely focused on getting on the map and putting strats together and then something like last night happens. Zero complaints from Wotbot, but it just isn’t cool to have him blow 2-3 hours on nothing. Also not cool for the guys who did show... that’s 45min blown for them. 

- we have 93 people in this clan. 49 have played in this CW season. Only 21 have more than 5 battles. 14 is the highest battle count. Granted we have a few inactives, but we have a big number not showing up at all, and another big number that show rarely. 

Stuff happens. But let’s try not to have the above happen again the best we can. 

Of course open to suggestions on this... fire away 

What are the ramifications for technical defeats and can it be corrected somehow?

Just now, gpc_4 said:

What are the ramifications for technical defeats and can it be corrected somehow?

One doesn't really matter and the "penalty" goes away after I think 5 days. If we get another one before the first resets, we lose one of our map placement allotments. I cant remember the precise threshold, but at some point, additional defaults mean you are frozen out of the map. This isn't really about the game penalties for tech defaults tho... 

On one hand, it may have not been the best idea to schedule CW this weekend. Not for FL, but for the Easter long weekend. Limited people on, especially those who normally partake in organized festivities. With that said, having 20 people online and not being able to field a team when we have a clan that was created for this very purpose, it's discouraging. Some were "online" but dormant for several hours. I understand that... I also do that from time to time. Others were noted as being online and active in battles. Being a member of DHO-X means that participation in CW and SH is a requirement. If you're online, please show. The 10-12 of us that were on for CW missed out on other things like FL or 45 minutes where we could continue to grind our tanks.

I joined what must of been the second battle last night, I try not to do CW because discord for me sucks. I can’t hear, it cuts on and out so I stopped logging into it. The numbers of people on is only going to get worse with nice weather coming.

Also there are many people in the clan who have not played in months, so before you complain at guys who have showed up to play maybe you should reach out to those guys first. Just my two cents, hope I don’t Offend anyone.

Just now, MBKKGD said:

And their are many people in the clan who haveyplayed in months, so before you bench at guys and who have played maybe you should reach out to those guys first. Just my two cents, hope I don’t Offend anyone.

No offense at all... that’s a bummer about discord for you... have you updated the client? I don’t know but have heard that discord is a bigger system draw than teamspeak... but that in and of itself shouldn’t cause audio issues. Did you know that you can turn up the volume in client? Also with individual people. I have some turned all the way up and some almost all the way down... apologies if this is ground you have covered before, just throwing it out there in case  you haven’t. 

Sorry for threatening to sick Throckmorton on you guys. That was dirty pool. We probably had less guys playing last night than I originally thought. A few guys were logged on but hadn't played in a few hours. You all were probably not as remiss as I thought.

Still, it is good to remind everyone that you should get in the match if you are playing and the word goes out that we are shorthanded. Usually we have enough guys in match that there is no pressure. But once in while, I will be yelling: "Has the whole world gone crazy?! Am I the only one around here who gives a s#@* about the rules?"