Sign in to follow this  
gpc_4

Map Discussion 1.0 Redux: Tundra

Anything new going on here? Not that I can think of. Hill still the most important, but can still win without taking it... sometimes. 1 line is just fricking boring. I’ll go there in a super heavy, but that’s about it. 

Lately I have been going hill early and leaving early if it looks too hairy or too crowded. I’ll then  look to flank hill (risky) or go through ravine and up to cap (particularly from north spawn. Generally pretty productive. 

Agreed -- hill still seems to be the priority with 1 line sometimes a good play depending on tank and team comps. Also agree that driving along the river to an opportune ramp can be profitable as the match develops.

I'd only add that I occasionally play 2-3 lines depending on the circumstances. An early spotting run up the 3 line from the south can be helpful.

Meh I find hill to much of a gamble , if im in a tank with relatively good turret armour and depression ill play hill, more so if I'm playing from the north spawn.

Otherwise if I'm south spawn I like to tuck in at e3, if you communicate with your Artie's and TDS you can rack up a hefty amount of early spotting damage. Why ? usually slow heavies will cross the open diving into the bowl on route to 1 line , smarter players will take the back road along the red line but even then you'll get a shot off . You will also find a couple of soft artillery targets in the form of tank destroyers lurking at the back and If you are very lucky even an artillery crossing . This also helps your heavies to take a more aggressive approach up the 1 line as you stall there heavies. Hill being lost ? Doesn't matter you just make sure you win 1234 as fast as possible encouraging your heavies to push , followed by baiting them off the hill using the rock in North spawn cap as cover . I find this play works extremely well when in a platoon and this also takes away the dice roll of going for the hill.

4 hours ago, Lt_jackson_13 said:

Meh I find hill to much of a gamble , if im in a tank with relatively good turret armour and depression ill play hill, more so if I'm playing from the north spawn.

Otherwise if I'm south spawn I like to tuck in at e3, if you communicate with your Artie's and TDS you can rack up a hefty amount of early spotting damage. Why ? usually slow heavies will cross the open diving into the bowl on route to 1 line , smarter players will take the back road along the red line but even then you'll get a shot off . You will also find a couple of soft artillery targets in the form of tank destroyers lurking at the back and If you are very lucky even an artillery crossing . This also helps your heavies to take a more aggressive approach up the 1 line as you stall there heavies. Hill being lost ? Doesn't matter you just make sure you win 1234 as fast as possible encouraging your heavies to push , followed by baiting them off the hill using the rock in North spawn cap as cover . I find this play works extremely well when in a platoon and this also takes away the dice roll of going for the hill.

Interesting... totally get the with platoon idea... but seems like e3 is light tank or top tier med dependent... or not true? Bottom tier med or heavy at e3 would seem to be tough, no? 

2 hours ago, Juggernaut41 said:

Interesting... totally get the with platoon idea... but seems like e3 is light tank or top tier med dependent... or not true? Bottom tier med or heavy at e3 would seem to be tough, no? 

Like I said, I do the e3 play sometimes. I definitely do it when I have some speed. There can be trouble from ahead, you can get long-distance sniped from hill as you back up into F3, or you can even get flanked if some fast red plays the river. At the same time, there are opportunities in different directions. You need speed to be able to flex straight back, sideways into 2 line, or sideways up the river as things develop.