Sign in to follow this  
Juggernaut41

CW “meta” tanks that aren’t so meta

I mentioned this the other night about the V4... which got me thinking about a few others... 

V4: so it’s still good for a fast armor push. But I think that’s all it’s good for now. It’s dispersion at 100M is .39... which squares with my post-nerf experience. The thing just doesn’t snipe well. At all. Not that you would call for it in a sniper role, but when you get into longer distance shot situations... it just sux. The traverse nerf makes it pretty clunky on a push. Still workable, but...

Sconq: we all know about the turret and the apcr gold round. But it’s lack of mobility is a thing. I also think we are collectively not that great at getting/staying hull down. 60tp is a viable substitute, but that does trade off accuracy, ROF and gun handling for a more forgiving front hull situation (hull down it is pretty beasty... not quite as good as a hull-down super conq or IS7... but pretty good) and a much higher alpha gun. I’m pretty sure 60tp is marginally faster, but not enough to really matter. 60tp is not a clearly better pick for hulldown applications, but in my mind it is somewhat better. Perhaps the best idea is to do a 50/50 split between the two. 

CGC: this is probably just a comp/map/strat thing... but inability to reach whole map all of the time shouldn’t be forgotten.... IOW it seems we just say “CGC” all of the time when another arty may make more sense... 50/53, T92 or even bchat arty for a camp defense role... I know... we don’t universally say CGC... just saying we (ok, me) shouldn’t  just default to it without thinking... 

Any others come to mind? Disagree with anything above? 

We still use 268v4's on Cliff 2 line and Steppes 0 line, but that's about it now.

SConq's all the time still, rather than Chieftain's. Better dpm and hull down, i.e mid FishBay. We will use one or two chieftain's, sometimes if we need to get there quicker, but that's almost always the job for our fast hvy's.

260 is number one fast hvy and we'll run a gaggle of them. 277 next if 260's are locked, followed by 5A's and 113's.

Always a gaggle of 907's and 1-3 bat's depending on strat.

Interesting, the EBR has replaced the T100 lately. it get's those spots quicker than the T100 can.

Super Hvy's on city maps are Type 5's and VKK's. Also E3's on the city maps like Ensk and Himmels.

57's and 50B's, never Krapwagons.

Always CGC's. I have seen as many as 3 on Cliff and Steppes defense, but usually 1-2. Maybe a T92 on Prok, but that's about it.

Probably have forgotten something, but that's about it off the top of my head. Hope it helps.

Oh yeah, I did forget. Strv's, at least 1 maybe 2 depending on strat.

Edited by Kilo

13 hours ago, Kilo said:

We still use 268v4's on Cliff 2 line and Steppes 0 line, but that's about it now.

SConq's all the time still, rather than Chieftain's. Better dpm and hull down, i.e mid FishBay. We will use one or two chieftain's, sometimes if we need to get there quicker, but that's almost always the job for our fast hvy's.

260 is number one fast hvy and we'll run a gaggle of them. 277 next if 260's are locked, followed by 5A's and 113's.

Always a gaggle of 907's and 1-3 bat's depending on strat.

Interesting, the EBR has replaced the T100 lately. it get's those spots quicker than the T100 can.

Super Hvy's on city maps are Type 5's and VKK's. Also E3's on the city maps like Ensk and Himmels.

57's and 50B's, never Krapwagons.

Always CGC's. I have seen as many as 3 on Cliff and Steppes defense, but usually 1-2. Maybe a T92 on Prok, but that's about it.

Probably have forgotten something, but that's about it off the top of my head. Hope it helps.

Oh yeah, I did forget. Strv's, at least 1 maybe 2 depending on strat.

Very helpful, thanks man! And I still owe you gold! I’ll get there...