Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Ranked Battles - New Seasons Coming Soon

A new season of Ranked Battles is coming soon. The video details the changes to how XP is distributed. 

I think the changes should help. The previous method of XP for tanks being active in battle but not actually contributing was broken.

Who cares if the tank on the other side of a building was firing while you were near it. If you weren't doing damage you shouldn't have been able to get to the top of the list. Much like the screen shot that I added below from Lt Jackson. There is an Obj 277 that ranked high that had half the damage to the tanks below him. Yes, you can't see his assisted damage, so it isn't a great example, but it was a common theme last season. I played my IS-7 almost exclusively for this reason. I could get close to enemies and earn the "Active Battle Actions" XP without much damage and make it high on the XP list regularly. 

The new "Roll Actions" XP will allow people to play their tank classes the right way and still be able to rank up. It should make all classes more competitive for earning XP rather than just spamming Type 5's.

You also can't damage your allies for this season. Though, arty will receive an XP penalty for stunning their teammates to try and dissuade them from firing into allies. You can also get labelled a team killer and get banned for stunning them over and over again.

The progression system has been reworked as well making it harder for bad players to rank higher. Though, there are less chevrons to earn to rank up now.

Overall, I think the system seems decent. I'm curious to see how the changes all workout.

There are supposed to be 3 Ranked Battle seasons this year along with new rewards including a unique tier IX tank.

shot_198.jpg

As with most things WG tries to fix, I’m concerned that unintended consequences will outweigh the overall usefulness of the changes. However, if the role feature rewards LTs for doing LT things then I’ll be happy. Being able to consistently rank up in an LT would be great. 

47 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

As with most things WG tries to fix, I’m concerned that unintended consequences will outweigh the overall usefulness of the changes. However, if the role feature rewards LTs for doing LT things then I’ll be happy. Being able to consistently rank up in an LT would be great. 

Agreed. They were fairly useless last season. HT's seemed to be the driving force in climbing the ranks last season.