Sign in to follow this  
marshalmatt

I'll never understand some people

I was playing my T30 last night in order to take advantage of the new "cash back" aspect of the On Track missions. (I played 10 battles in the T30, and on completing the 10th battle I earned something like 1.065M credits.) I'd had a few beers. And since I had moved my crew on from the T30 long ago, I had to cobble together a crew from the garage. 100%, but way less than 1 complete skill. No 6th sense. And I'd had a few beers. And the T30 was never my favorite TD to begin with, because so many tier 9s and 10s seem to be able to pen the turret roof so easily if you sit still for a second, and the gun doesn't reward snapshots. Tough combination. And did I mention that I'd had a few beers? So it was not an impressive run of battles. .

But after one battle I get a PM in the garage from the Type 4 heavy who was on my team. He complains that, for a guy with 35K battles I sure don't play like I know what I'm doing. And I'm thinking, "yeah, he's not wrong. That was not a great game on my part. I feel kind of bad." But then I look at the after battle results, and that ducker did literally 0 damage. In a Type 4 heavy! I didn't do very well, but I landed at least two penetrating, full-damage hits in that battle. Did around 1500 damage. This guy did NO damage, and he's coming at me in my own garage to complain that I didn't carry him? What goes through someone's head to make them believe that even makes sense? I don't quote the Bible a lot, but I'm reminded of one here: "You hypocrite! Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye."

I responded, "I'm drunk. What's your excuse?" He didn't answer. SMH.

17 minutes ago, marshalmatt said:

I was playing my T30 last night in order to take advantage of the new "cash back" aspect of the On Track missions. (I played 10 battles in the T30, and on completing the 10th battle I earned something like 1.065M credits.) I'd had a few beers. And since I had moved my crew on from the T30 long ago, I had to cobble together a crew from the garage. 100%, but way less than 1 complete skill. No 6th sense. And I'd had a few beers. And the T30 was never my favorite TD to begin with, because so many tier 9s and 10s seem to be able to pen the turret roof so easily if you sit still for a second, and the gun doesn't reward snapshots. Tough combination. And did I mention that I'd had a few beers? So it was not an impressive run of battles. .

But after one battle I get a PM in the garage from the Type 4 heavy who was on my team. He complains that, for a guy with 35K battles I sure don't play like I know what I'm doing. And I'm thinking, "yeah, he's not wrong. That was not a great game on my part. I feel kind of bad." But then I look at the after battle results, and that ducker did literally 0 damage. In a Type 4 heavy! I didn't do very well, but I landed at least two penetrating, full-damage hits in that battle. Did around 1500 damage. This guy did NO damage, and he's coming at me in my own garage to complain that I didn't carry him? What goes through someone's head to make them believe that even makes sense? I don't quote the Bible a lot, but I'm reminded of one here: "You hypocrite! Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye."

I responded, "I'm drunk. What's your excuse?" He didn't answer. SMH.

He's just a troll ,that wants to trigger a reaction . I'm subject to this way to often and tend to take a nibble .

I don't think my time in WoT has ever been improved by interaction with random other players!

I tell you it is like dealing with a bunch of petulant rude children.

2 minutes ago, mosinut said:

I don't think my time in WoT has ever been improved by interaction with random other players!

I tell you it is like dealing with a bunch of petulant rude children.

If you go out of your way to compliment people who have good games, or to thank people who work with you in game, you'll have some pleasant interactions. But yeah, generally speaking you're right.

I don't even bother with after battle PM message anymore, unless its from a DHO guy. Because for the most part, it's what Mosinut said.

15 hours ago, marshalmatt said:

If you go out of your way to compliment people who have good games, or to thank people who work with you in game, you'll have some pleasant interactions.

19 hours ago, marshalmatt said:

If you go out of your way to compliment people who have good games, or to thank people who work with you in game, you'll have some pleasant interactions 

I do this all the time. I for sure have way more pleasant interactions than random trolls messaging me. 

On the flip side, I actually look forward to a blinking message on the bottom of the screen... Pretty much “oh good, who wants to play?”

It is exceptionally rare that I DM someone a nasty message these days. So many reasons why someone may have a bad game. It’s one of the reasons I like xvm... someone is playing their tank in a crazy dumb way? Often super deep tomato. No point in yelling at them. And as you all know, I have more than my fair share of playing in a crazy dumb way... come to think of it... that would be a great ign “Crazy_Dumb”

I reserve messaging for teamkillers... but even that is a rare thing for me to do. 

I often message people when they have a good game, either a teammate or a red. I never initiate a message to anyone with a salty comment. I do sometimes get some disgruntled player venting at me, and I'll often reply in kind, and never kindly.