Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Earn the TS-5 - Premium Tier VIII US TD - For Free

1920x900_big-portal-banner-light.jpg

The micropatch that hit today has some information in it regarding a new challenge to earn the TS-5 for free. The TS-5 is the non-turreted Premium tier VIII tank destroyer for the US. There is a thread about the TS-5 here.

The event will run from April 5 - 15.

*Below is the official release from WoT with all the details about the event and the tank.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/american-challenge/

Untitled3.png

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/micropatch-secrets-space-crew-skins-possible-marathon/

The patch also includes a few new crew skins. Details about the crew members can also be found at the link above.

Space01-150x112.pngSpace02-150x112.pngSpace03-150x112.pngSpace04-150x112.pngSpace05-150x112.pngSpace06-150x112.png

*Updated to include the NA WoT article about the event.

QB's review of the TS-5. Is this a tank you want to grind for?

Dez's review.

Looks like the TS-5 will have the easiest commitment missions out of any challenge yet.

Also of note, there are multiple missions that do NOT require you to finish in the top 10 in XP this time around.

Stages that do not require top 10 in XP are:
Stage 1
Stage 5
Stage 7 - (+500 Base XP will likely get you into the top 10 more often than not)
Stage 8

Untitled2.png

QB's estimate on earning it for free. He estimates about 32 hours for someone of his skill level to complete.

"This mission marathon is much easier to achieve than the EBR one was."
"Most achievable mission marathon yet."

I 100% agree with that!

The bundle is now available in the shop. They priced it at the same value as the last couple of challenges.

$75.35 USD (94.94 CDN)

Wes's Strategy for Completing the Marathon

a.k.a. Screw Winning, I Just Want a Tank

Strategy came to me while bored and highly over caffeinated at work.

Stage 1, : Do about HP in DMG, then yolo and die, exit battle, New tank, repeat; Time: 10-12 minutes
Stage 2: Kemp Bush and Chai Snipe - Don't Die you need that XP; Time: 2 hour +/-
Stage 3: Do at least 75% of HP in DMG, Yolo and Die, new tank, Repeat;  Time: 30 minutes
Stage 4: Same as Stage 2; Time: 3 hours
Stage 5: Do 500 HP in Damage, yolo, die, new tank, repeat; Time: 45 min.
Stage 6: Same as 2 and 4; Time: 4-5 hours
Stage 7: Same as 3; Time: 1.5-2 hrs
Stage 8: Same as 5; Time: 2 hours
Stage 9: Same as 2, 4 and 6; Time:  All damn day
Stage 10: Open wallet and shell out $7.50 for the tank.

QB has it all wrong!

Just a note because I got burned on it - Stage 3 is Top 10 In DAMAGE not XP 12 times. It posted different on the EU site and by EU streamers

Started stage 5 this morning. First 3 stages took me about 35 +/-. Stage 4 took about 40 matches even. I was just playing through the x2s on most stuff so prob took longer that I needed to. Plus I was finding T8s get too flighty and inconstant for me.  I'm finding T6 is the best to roll with this.

Much more than I anticipated. Winning, while not a requirement,  helps a lot with the XP requirements

On a side not my stats have gone up a bit.

I only got to run through this a bit late Saturday night and a bit during the day/evening yesterday. Made it into stage 5 in less than 40 battles by getting the Mastery part complete through the first 3 stages. I could say I completed it for stage 4 as well, but that would be misleading as I finished the Mastery and Commitment portions in the same battle after a bit of a rough patch.

I started off trying for the Mastery in stage 5, but have since switched to running mostly tier VI tanks like the Crom B & Skoda T25 that I can run through battles fairly quickly in. Especially when MM gives me tier VI only matches.