Sign in to follow this  
Granitebeard

Won't be on much

I have been trying to get the game to not disconnect for over a week now with WG support. This is the only game I play online that disconnects every game. If given something to try, I might be on for a game or two. Otherwise, I hate to say I will not be playing much as it is not worth it when any where after 5 minutes in I can disconnect at random.

That sucks. Hope it gets resolved.

Nope. It is spectrum. They are the best I can get in the area, 100Mbps and I speed test around 115Mbps. About 4 or 5 months ago, I started disconnecting from JUST WoWs, and contacted them about. There was also a lot of general service disruptions going on so they sent a guy out a couple times. General service has been better, but I kept disconnection from WoWs only. I have a new computer and have been trying all the things google searches turn up to help with the issue but it keeps getting worse. Yeah I go through a router too, and when wired in, I didn't have any issues up to 10 minutes into a match.

I still feel it is on WG's side some. Sure there might be more I can try, I will call my ISP and ask them about it when WG support asks me too. But tonight I some how got enough stuff to get the Hermes CV thing so did. It was the worst disconnection fest I had ever experienced in WoWs. I DCed less then 5 minutes( "normally" the first DC wouldn't happen until after 5 minutes) in match one with two more to follow. In my second match it was, first DC was at 2 minutes, second around 8 and third around 17... Not sure it 100% on my side...

Ok... I had a similar issue a LONG time ago with WoT and Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum).  

Can you run a speed test website in the background (just have it idle and standing by)? When you disconnect from WG, jump over to that speed test as quick as you can and run it and see if you're not getting majorly throttled on your speed... 

In my instance it was a similar deal to yours... Game would DC after about 5 minutes.   My problem was a combo of things... something about how WG was sending info from the server was tripping something on the local TWC ISP hub and slowing my internet down... like from 10 mbps (yeah, that was fast in our area at the time) down to old dial-up speeds, which caused the game to lock up and DC from the server.  Something in the graphics package after a patch screwed it all up until like 2 hot patches later, then I was able to bump graphics back up.  The way I detected it was the setup I described above... I got the speed results for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes after a WG DC then my speed would pick back up.   

I can try that. I have tried similar things in the past with little noticed. At the same time I have turn my graphics all the way down and still DCing... I might call spectrum and see what they think. This has been slowly getting worse over the last few months... WG support is useless and blaming my router as I DC more when connected through it instead of through a direct connection...

18 hours ago, Granitebeard said:

I can try that. I have tried similar things in the past with little noticed. At the same time I have turn my graphics all the way down and still DCing... I might call spectrum and see what they think. This has been slowly getting worse over the last few months... WG support is useless and blaming my router as I DC more when connected through it instead of through a direct connection...

The only other thing, if you want to go conspiracy theory, is that if you're using a non-Spectrum router/wifi setup that Spectrum can detect that and has stuff setup that throttles non-proprietary stuff so you pay the rental fees for their equipment.  That's a pretty deep conspiracy theory, though, as so many people use better/higher quality router/wifi stuff that a lot of people would notice that and throw a fit.   

Do you have any other WG titles installed (WoT or WoWP) that you could see if it's WG specifically or just WoWS specifically...  

I am using my own modem, but have thought about asking for one from Spetrum. They are free now through them so no more rental fees. Also my current big thing for spectrum is that they are just part of SPECTRE 😵

I have not played WoT or WoWp in a long time... I would probably have to make an alt account just so I don't try to take a tier 9 tank/arty out and get stomped... But might try that as a bigger conspiracy for me is that WG is punishing my anti-CV-rework-ness....

Got home tonight and figured I would try WoT again to see if I DC there. Before even doing it I noticed that my WG client had some little patch go through. Thought that funny, and logged into WoWs. Played a couple games with no DCing. Thanks WG for reminding me why I hate you.