Map Discussion 1.0 Redux: Siegfried Line

This map is relatively well-done in regular and encounter modes because it is all playable. There doesn't seem to be as much of a must-win area as some other maps. Having said that, the most important positions seem to be (1) from the north, the courtyard at E8 and (2) from the south, the lane against the courtyard at that border of E8-F8. These advanced positions allow a tank to brawl in different directions and control the city. The field push with 1 line and 5 line coordinating and cross-firing can sometimes work -- but good luck making it work very often with pubbies.

In assault attack, the middle road seems to be the place to mount an initial attack -- especially in a hull-down tank. You'll be able to shoot straight ahead at any defenders who venture into the middle of the city -- potentially breaking down their defense. You can also slip into the lane that runs along the east side of E5 and  shoot sideways to punish defenders who get aggressive in the field.

In assault defense, my favorite spot is the lane at the northwest corner of E7.  From there, you can reposition slightly and shoot in several different directions depending on where the attack develops. In a fast tank, I may aggressively play the berm on the north side if the opportunity looks favorable; with good backing from snipers and arty, this move will frustrate attacks from the north.  I do not similarly venture into the south field on defense. Tanks seem to get bogged down in the south while the match is decided elsewhere. Retreat is also more difficult from the south if something goes wrong.

This is one of the symmetric maps. Plays well in most areas as XTC says. Nothing really tricky about it. 1 & 2 line for Field for vision play,  6 & 7 line for heavy brawl.   It gets kind of boring to play though, since it plays pretty much the same from North or South spawn.   City often turns into a stand-off and who manages their HP better.

+1 for the courtyard in E8 from the north for heavies and some mediums. I don’t know why more people don’t play that spot. Actually, maybe I do... it is way more open now. I like to post up first against the building and sidescrape for shots on the angled corridor at F8. Then read how much enemy heat is positioned E/F 8-0. Usually move into courtyard. Then later, if things are going well, can now drive over rocks into north part of F8 to push. Played as above almost always a good damage game and relevant and active throughout. 

If I am in a not-super-brawly medium I usually try and get a field shot or three (from both spawns) before finding a city spot to get shots... 

I am not a super fan of going deep field in a light right out of the gates. If the comp looks good I might, but seems like more often than not that it’s hard to last long... 

The little hills and bush at H7/8 is a good spot for a TD. Good visibility into the town down several of the streets. The tree at j4 isn't much good anymore since they blocked some of the views into F 5/6. North spawn td spots are meh. The B0 spot is kind of ok if you are defending, not so great for assault