Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Alita: Battle Angel - Feb 14, 2019

Those eyes, lol. Looked bad to me, but I was watching the commercial with my 11-yr old son, and it occurred to me he might think it looked like the best movie ever, so I kept my opinion to myself. And hey, it might be good, you never know.

17 minutes ago, Mykk said:

Those eyes, lol. Looked bad to me, but I was watching the commercial with my 11-yr old son, and it occurred to me he might think it looked like the best movie ever, so I kept my opinion to myself. And hey, it might be good, you never know.

Ya... reviews are quite mixed right now. Some figure it won't make more than $50 million in the NA box office. But other movies that haven't done great recently in NA did amazing over seas. This movie in the China market will likely do really well.

I'm also thinking of all the movies that are among my favorites all-time that are probably horrible movies, but I watched them when I was too young to know better, the jokes were new to me, and it was probably marketed towards teens anyway. Heavy Metal and Highlander come to mind. Not on my list, but I recall at the time thinking Porky's was funny...