Sign in to follow this  
Bombaybacon

Ethernet Through the Power Outlet

That's awesome to hear.  I think I'm going to go this route and get 4 of these...  two for my sons room (one where the internet comes in) and the other for his PS4.  Then put the other in the living room for my Xbox and PS4.  It's cheaper then getting a mesh system right now. Figured I'll save the mesh for when we eventually buy a house.

9 hours ago, xJediDadx said:

That's awesome to hear.  I think I'm going to go this route and get 4 of these...  two for my sons room (one where the internet comes in) and the other for his PS4.  Then put the other in the living room for my Xbox and PS4.  It's cheaper then getting a mesh system right now. Figured I'll save the mesh for when we eventually buy a house.

I may be wrong, but I believe the units have 2 Ethernet ports each... Might only need 1 for your son's room.

No you're right, but his PS4 is on the opposite end of the room from where the internet comes in. lol  He often complains about loosing connection sometimes or lags out pretty bad even though his PS4 is less then 15 feet away from the WiFi signal.  And I'd rather not have an ethernet cord running across the floor in his room to his PS4 cause he'll just forget about it and trip over it and break something.

2 hours ago, xJediDadx said:

And I'd rather not have an ethernet cord running across the floor in his room to his PS4 cause he'll just forget about it and trip over it and break something.

LOL!

I hid mine in a cable channel that runs along the baseboard in my basement. Keeps it safe from the children... We have a sectional couch that curves in a corner where part of the cable runs and the kids like to play behind it sometimes when the are playing hide & seek and they still haven't messed it up yet. Fingers are staying crossed. My son breaks everything! I'm sure it's a matter of time...

2 hours ago, SGrant7 said:

LOL!

I hid mine in a cable channel that runs along the baseboard in my basement. Keeps it safe from the children... We have a sectional couch that curves in a corner where part of the cable runs and the kids like to play behind it sometimes when the are playing hide & seek and they still haven't messed it up yet. Fingers are staying crossed. My son breaks everything! I'm sure it's a matter of time...

My fear is him ripping the PS4 off the shelf. Otherwise, i'd need about a 25ft cable to wrap around the outside edge of his room to go from the router to his PS4

40 minutes ago, xJediDadx said:

My fear is him ripping the PS4 off the shelf. Otherwise, i'd need about a 25ft cable to wrap around the outside edge of his room to go from the router to his PS4

Ya... I bought a 50' cord. I have about 5' extra coiled behind my entertainment stand.

I have these out to my garage where I game from, I have 36meg at router and around 30meg at console so more than happy, mines an older tplink model so have to swap cable everytime I change from Xbox to PS but other than that I'm happy with the setup.

Good to hear Keltic. I'll be buying two pairs of these soon.  I need one for my PC.  The one in the living room will run the PS4 and One X and i can put the 4th in the bedroom for our TIVO box