Frontline Returns!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know @bonlan and I will be finishing level 10 next week and getting our new AE Phase 1's. Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Posted Images

T26E5 or Centurion 5/1 - I've settled in on flexible armor like a mobile heavy or medium with good turret to start, cause I don't know if I'm attacking or defending.

Obj 252/Defender or Progetto - I'll move to Obj 252/Defender if attacking or Progetto if defending as my next tanks

Lorr 40t - Alternate until my Progetto gets released from repairs.  I'll sometimes go back to the Defender to help cap at the second level (D, E, F), but then Force respawn when done capping.

M41 90 Blackdog and WZ-132 - I've run these a few times just for fun and to learn light tank tactics. I still suck at lights and this is a good way for me to get experience without hurting a normal randoms game team.

I agree with GPC_4, that there seem to be less General ranks being awarded during the game. It may be that people are familiar with the mode and aren't yoloing out like before. I have noticed that the damage numbers at the top aren't as consistently high as they where during the first FL season.  Or they tweaked the Rank award mechanic.  I got 2 General ranks last night with only 8.5Kish damage(10K combined) and helping 3 caps in each match.  I noticed in the match summary,  that I had guys on my team that had 12K and one 13.9K damage but only rank Major.

I've been bouncing between the Emil I and Cent Mk1. Sometimes throwing in the LTTB to scout or flank and distract.

Had a bit better night don't think we won, but I did net 78k (only running mediocre 50% reserves) and Hit Major with just shy of 10k dmg.

I can confirm Arty is easy ranking, only got to use it for offense which it helped dig out a C defense. Like to try it on Defense to see how it can rank when defending a cap.

Speaking of zone C and what I understand its the toughest to attack, I've  noticed no one runs up the east side ridge to counter the shooter on that ridge shooting at the side the cap circle. It could be me but it seems C you need to encircle from the Right side ridge and left canyon/valley/corridor and not worry too much about right up the middle. Takes a bit longer to take C than the rest.

Agreed on the right-side ridge of C.

I like to start with the Defender because I feel like it's going to be a brawl early. (On C, where I seem to end up most of the time, I push the Defender up the left-side--I guess that would be west--side of the circle. It allows okay hull down, 3 good lanes to fire into, and the possibility of sneaking into the cap up against the cliff).

From there, as much as I'd like to keep to just 3 tanks, I typically use around 5. I will bring out the T34 if I think we still need a heavy, but it does seem to get shot down pretty quick. I use the Scorpion "of course". Then I kind of alternate between the Progetto and the Lorraine.

At the end of the battle, it allows you see credits earned by tank. The Defender and Progetto do well. I've noticed my Scorpion credits always seem low. The star of the show so far though is the Lorraine, which seems to always come out on top by 10k or so.

I probably average Captain. I haven't hit General yet. I'm popping personal reserves for Credits and Crew XP and just grinding through.

To me, C is easiest to defend because you can hull down right in front of the Cap circle.  The defenders only need 2 hull down tanks hugging the hill to the north/west of the cap and support fire from the east flank. Meanwhile the attackers are faced with a flat exposed position in the cap circle while being subjected to the fire from the hull downed tanks.  The teams I've been on that take C the easiest are the ones that control the east flank and then push as much armor and HP into the cap circle as they can. 

I have had the best luck on offense with the SU-130PM and Lorr 40T and on defense the SU-130 PM and Lowe, if both are under repairs then I usually jump in the Bulldog 90mm GF and zoom around. And seeing's how I don;t know which I am gonna be on I usually start with the SU-130 PM.  It has been rough since day 1. I haven't hit General in two days and have struggled to hit Major most of the time.

12 minutes ago, Blackroan said:

I have had the best luck on offense with the SU-130PM and Lorr 40T and on defense the SU-130 PM and Lowe, if both are under repairs then I usually jump in the Bulldog 90mm GF and zoom around. And seeing's how I don;t know which I am gonna be on I usually start with the SU-130 PM.  It has been rough since day 1. I haven't hit General in two days and have struggled to hit Major most of the time.

I’m glad other people are finding the ranks seemingly more difficult. I try not to buy into WoT conspiracy theories but when FL was first available I think I could reach General about every other battle. Now it’s maybe every 8-10 battles. 

I’m glad other people are finding the ranks seemingly more difficult. I try not to buy into WoT conspiracy theories but when FL was first available I think I could reach General about every other battle. Now it’s maybe every 8-10 battles. 
I had one battle, I think the first I played with@the_Dad , where there was about 8 or 9 Generals. Maybe more.

I don't seem to find a difference though in the ranks in the battles. Getting General seems to come every 4 battles or so...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk