Frontline Returns!

What I do otherwise the mode would be monotonous. Take out your tier 8 premiums that 3/5/7 has ruined and be top tier every battle. Keep in mind Capping and stopping Cap is what earns the most in the mode.  Then try things you wouldn't do in randoms, mistakes don't count on your permanent record...yeah.  Use the artillery strike as much as you can, especially if you can target an arty player..muahahaha. Go mano a mano with solo tanks if you're not in the Hot zone, especially if you where going to force respawn anyway to get to the hot zone.  Have fun, earn free stuff.

BSApLc7.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know @bonlan and I will be finishing level 10 next week and getting our new AE Phase 1's. Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Mykk said:

For starters, I have a strong dislike for any game or mode with re-spawns.

Second, "doesn't really matter if you win or not"...  what the heck? In fact, the only "bad" thing is if a game ends too quickly? Huh???

So it doesn't matter if you die. It doesn't matter if you win. It doesn't affect your stats. It's ALMOST as if there is NOTHING to the mode at all!

But credits you ask? Maybe a little easier, but given the number of pub games per hour vs FL games per hour, we've already determined FL is not the HUGE credit earner it's made out to be.

I guess you earn xp in tanks you haven't elited? But most will play in premiums. Tier 8s not seeing tier 10? Not a super-strong selling point, but okay.

It's fun? Not for me. If not for the reward tanks, I wouldn't bother. But given reward tanks...  I plan on watching a lot of TV and videos while mindlessly pressing W and my left mouse button, and every time I die wishing the game were over, but instead it just goes on and on.

I don't mean to be a downer, I won't harp on this all year.

Interesting. Generally don’t feel the same way. I think it comes down to fun. Most people enjoy it, you do not. For me, the lack of stakes are a good thing. I make my own fun/goals...get to General first, they have almost capped let’s take it back, do well by using the 3 consumables available to LTs, and just trying to win (even though for tier progression it is immaterial).

Anywho, platoon with people and maybe you’ll enjoy it more. Get some banter at least  

19 minutes ago, Xperiment2g said:

What I do otherwise the mode would be monotonous. Take out your tier 8 premiums that 3/5/7 has ruined and be top tier every battle. Keep in mind Capping and stopping Cap is what earns the most in the mode.  Then try things you wouldn't do in randoms, mistakes don't count on your permanent record...yeah.  Use the artillery strike as much as you can, especially if you can target an arty player..muahahaha. Go mano a mano with solo tanks if you're not in the Hot zone, especially if you where going to force respawn anyway to get to the hot zone.  Have fun, earn free stuff.

BSApLc7.jpg

When we reach tier 30 and reset have we achieved Prestige Level 1? Passing through 30 tiers per week for 10 total weeks seems pretty easy. Especially since you can build up more progress if you have time (I think we can reach Prestige 3 this week?). 

I wish they would tell us what this tier IX is. Do they even know? The obvious answer is the Chinese TD you can see on tanks.gg but that is not an attractive premium for most of the player base. It has to be something more interesting. 

47 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

Anywho, platoon with people and maybe you’ll enjoy it more. Get some banter at least.

I think this helped @The_Dad a lot last night. 

So far my best tank in FL, and it's not even close, is the LT-432. More spotting and more damage then nearly the rest of my tanks combined. The fact that it's fast, can flex easily, is hard to hit or see and has 3 combat reserves make this tank an easy winner. I try to kite enemy tanks about 350m away. Even in the open, I can keep them lit without getting spotted 95% of the time while my team punishes them.

To be fair, I've mostly played defence, and I find defence the easiest way to rack up the damage... They need to come to you. Getting to General in defence, IMO, is much easier.

6 minutes ago, SGrant7 said:

I think this helped @The_Dad a lot last night. 

So far my best tank in FL, and it's not even close, is the LT-432. More spotting and more damage then nearly the rest of my tanks combined. The fact that it's fast, can flex easily, is hard to hit or see and has 3 combat reserves make this tank an easy winner. I try to kite enemy tanks about 350m away. Even in the open, I can keep them lit without getting spotted 95% of the time while my team punishes them.

To be fair, I've mostly played defence, and I find defence the easiest way to rack up the damage... They need to come to you. Getting to General in defence, IMO, is much easier.

I’ll have to use that tank more. Only really worth playing LTs if you have 3 fully boosted consumables. Even then, the lack of HP hurts. I like the challenge though. 

28 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

I’ll have to use that tank more. Only really worth playing LTs if you have 3 fully boosted consumables. Even then, the lack of HP hurts. I like the challenge though. 

Ya, I ran to the repair station a few times. But with the speed and camo, it wasn't hard to get unspotted long enough to get there.

So what are your favorite tanks? Here are mine.

M40/43. Embarrassing, but I can probably get major more consistently in this than any other vehicle. Enough targets are not staying artillery-safe that it can fire immediately when reloaded. Still, it doesn't earn much credits, so there isn't much point to playing it.

T32. A sleeper. This tank shines at the key hull-down brawls, especially at the beginning of the match. Also has unusually good view range and long-range accuracy for a heavy. Average speed for a heavy limits it somewhat in mid-match. Pick it for your first tank, and then pick something faster for the second tank.

Progetto. And here is the second tank. Great flexibility because of speed and auto-reloader. Dominates mid-match. Can be slightly lackluster during the initial brawls because of fragility. Earns lots of credits as a premium, so it must be the mainstay.

50 100. Fast, flexible heavy with a big clip and good view range for a heavy. Mine has a good crew and equipment to alleviate the derpy accuracy. Lack of armor requires you to carefully choose the time to  yolo. 

Played Soviet tanks last night and, besides a long run in the Defender, I didn't do well. Got to Major twice and was lower the other 2-3 battles. There seem to be less Generals then the first FL. I recall battles with multiple Generals per team. Maybe more experience with FL leads to shorter battles? On the other hand, I'm throwing away too many tanks and sitting around without a respawn. That's probably my main issue. 

After doing the Italian daily mission (where I was little better then bot level) I only had time for 2 FL matches.

Choose to start the first match with the Defender on A's attack and initially covered the cap for others and tanked shots... but after everyone melted and was myself killed off I picked up the 12t and was able to help our team break the defenders by flanking the right side and taking out a well positioned 112 and a Skorp G. That was pretty much the only useful highlight from the first match and it resulted in Capt and 100k credits with prem time and boosters.

Second match was a totally different story. Choose the M40/43 as other's had mentioned how it was an easy 'ranking' tank... and it didn't disappoint. Another attack so I assumed that it wouldn't be a good match... defence seems to favour this tank more then attack. However, with the FL perks spotting, heavy arty and airstrike I could push the enemy with minimal friendly tanks on my third of the map. We easily took the B cap off the start and many of my friendly defected to either A or C. With the rest of my guys pushing hard to the next zone we took out the retreating reds and set up to begin the next assault for E cap. As we were going forward I happened to cross a supply depot and realised that this is one of the only problems for the attacking arty... you begin running low on shells... keep an eye on your ammo! Since I could spot for myself with the scout planes I was able to soften up the hidden TD's... while my guys were off on other part of the map. When they returned they were easily able to push through the enemy. If I was defending and getting cap resets etc... I could easily hit Gen. In the attack with arty I was a Major with maybe a quarter left on the xp bar before Gen and received 150k credits (with all boosters and prem time).

Before starting FL Monday I used the ingame store to buy 14 days of prem time at a cost of 1800 gold from the Holiday Ops boxes. At first I wasn't happy with the mode until @SGrant7 explained how to play FL and then platooned to show me how it's done. Now that I understand it and I've prioritised what I need to do it's A LOT more fun and I feel that I'm contributing to the team. Although I only want to win in pubs... that's actually the third priority in FL.