Bombaybacon

Frontline Returns!

3 hours ago, Kilo said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/02/15/frontline-number-of-points-needed-to-reach-level-30/

>>

WoT Express has prepared a list showing the points needed to reach the 30th level in the frontline mode. They compared it with last year and it looks like you have to get 11,570 more points to get to the last level.

<<

frontline.thumb.jpg.d8ec3ae5b754921db870c0f6e7a417f1.jpg

I don't think those 2018 numbers are quite accurate. I recall the tiers still requiring numbers rounded to 100's for each tier.

I do think the numbers for 2019 accelerate far to quickly though.

Didn't get many nights to play this FL Episode. Also, spent some time with a new game on the Xbox, so I only made it to tier 21. Hopefully I can play a little bit of catch-up next episode.

I would say that I avg'd Major almost every battle. I had a few that I didn't make it, and a few that I made General. Getting to Major every battle is 900 tier points per battle. Getting to tier 30 requires 30,500 points. Avg'ing 900 points per battle means that I would need to complete 34 battles. At ~20ish min per battle, plus 2 minutes between battles unlocking new combat reserves, checking scores, getting the platoon ready and waiting in queue, 33 battles would take me 528 minutes, or nearly 9 hours. I think that's doable next time... During the summer though, we'll have to see.

I noticed that they also removed Bond rewards for finishing as the top General and/or Supreme Gun. That's a little disappointing as I received both of the awards multiple times.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:36 PM, gpc_4 said:

End of Episode 1 for me.

JJuaSbvh.png

When the new FL started I figured it would be easy to get to Prestige 2, maybe 3. After a couple days of FL I wasn't sure if I'd make it to Prestige 1. So, I guess I should be pleased with 1.16. Overall, I'm looking forward to further weeks and weeks of FL considerably less. I do generally enjoy the battles. I make credits.....but they made it such a grind. Getting to tier 30 takes longer; I think I saw it is almost 40% more XP then the first iteration of FL. Also, although I don't have numbers to back it up, it seems like progressing through the ranks in battle is much more difficult. Maybe that is players learning how to play FL which leads to shorter battles and less XP for everyone. The first FL, I expected to get Major or General. This time, I fell short all too often. I think a lot of us were looking forward to the return of FL and, unfortunately, it's lacking.

I agree on the perceived increased difficulty of progressing. I actually noticed it even within the week. 1st day felt like old frontline where most didn’t really know how to play it. Relatively easy to make General/major. By the end it was a real struggle to get that far. Fewer yolo monkeys... had to dig more people out... relo more often... too many people aware of how to abuse view range... etc etc. 

I didn't notice too many issues over the days I played. I was consistently making Major almost every battle. I did notice that the grind through the tier was longer though. They certainly increased the amount of points required to move through the upper tiers especially. I didn't have a ton of time to play, so I never Prestiged. I'll have to make up some lost time next Episode.

My secret in making Major often was playing my LT-432. I would end up with between 4-8k assisted damage almost every match. The DPM of the LT-432 was decent enough as well. There was one match where my LT-432 made up +75% of my 16k combined damaged. With my great camo rating, I could take sneaky shots into the cap circles often while using engineering and with the high rate of fire, finish off low HP tanks quickly. On the offense, I could sneak into a cap circle, especially if someone dropped smoke and cap quickly for huge points.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/frontline-2019-episode-1-ends-0219/

"Frontline: Episode 2 kicks off on March 11 — please see the Regulations page for complete information:"