Bombaybacon

Frontline Returns!

2 hours ago, Mykk said:

I'll probably have to research this more, I didn't pay attention to the initial stuff, but...

Let's say "hypothetically" I HATE Frontlines, but want reward tanks. What is the absolute minimum amount of effort an average player needs to put in. If someone knows, great, if I figure it out, I'll post it.

I ran six battles earlier in about 2 1/2 hours, 1 was horrible (we never got off the beach) and I hit general in 3 of the other 5 and I hit 11th. BUT, it slowed way down when I hit 9th so I am gonna guess probably 2-3 hours a day for the week minimum to hit 30 three times and max it out, but you don't have to max it out this week, you could just make sure to hit 30 twice a week for the first few months and then just ride it out for the others until you hit 10.

SO a rough average/realistic guess would be an average player could hit 30 once every 10 hours or so of play.

2 hours ago, Mykk said:

I'll probably have to research this more, I didn't pay attention to the initial stuff, but...

Let's say "hypothetically" I HATE Frontlines, but want reward tanks. What is the absolute minimum amount of effort an average player needs to put in. If someone knows, great, if I figure it out, I'll post it.

Depends on which tanks you want. 

Went through 4 FL battles yesterday. Still fun. Went Major, Major, Captain, and General. The Captain was my one attacking battle. Don’t enjoy attacking as it requires more coordination and, even though it is fairly pointless for this game mode, I try to win. Trying to win means I take too many risks and lose HP. Spent way too much time yesterday sitting around without a tank ready to respawn. If I could have avoided these lulls in fighting I’d probably have three General battles instead of one. 

Mykk, I'm definitely an average FL player and played some FL last night.  I was all over the board in ranks, but mainly got  Major and Captain.  I reached tier 10.  I played about 2 1/2 hours.  My plan will be 3-4 levels a night and then clear to level 30 on the weekend.  So, maybe 1 1/2 hours a night depending on the ranks achieved for each battle (missed out on General twice by a hair). 

FYI for the numbers oriented - I was curious myself about rank points needed for each FL tier.  Found this reddit post with a points break down. 

Private—0

Sergeant—150

Lieutenant—350

Captain—600

Major—900

General—1,200

Tier 2—300 points Tier 3—650 points Tier 4—1,000 points Tier 5—1,400 points Tier 6—1,800 points Tier 7—2,300 points Tier 8—2,900 points Tier 9—3,600 points Tier 10—4,300 points Tier 11—5,000 points Tier 12—5,800 points Tier 13—6,700 points Tier 14—7,600 points Tier 15—8,600 points Tier 16—9,600 points Tier 17—10,700 points Tier 18—11,900 points Tier 19—13,100 points Tier 20—14,400 points Tier 21—15,700 points Tier 22—17,100 points Tier 23—18,600 points Tier 24—20,100 points Tier 25—21,700 points Tier 26—23,300 points Tier 27—25,000 points Tier 28—26,800 points Tier 29—28,600 points Tier 30—30,500 points

6 minutes ago, Mykk said:

Thanks everyone. I'll probably try to commit to most nights an hour or so. I really dislike the mode 😞

Why?

For starters, I have a strong dislike for any game or mode with re-spawns.

Second, "doesn't really matter if you win or not"...  what the heck? In fact, the only "bad" thing is if a game ends too quickly? Huh???

So it doesn't matter if you die. It doesn't matter if you win. It doesn't affect your stats. It's ALMOST as if there is NOTHING to the mode at all!

But credits you ask? Maybe a little easier, but given the number of pub games per hour vs FL games per hour, we've already determined FL is not the HUGE credit earner it's made out to be.

I guess you earn xp in tanks you haven't elited? But most will play in premiums. Tier 8s not seeing tier 10? Not a super-strong selling point, but okay.

It's fun? Not for me. If not for the reward tanks, I wouldn't bother. But given reward tanks...  I plan on watching a lot of TV and videos while mindlessly pressing W and my left mouse button, and every time I die wishing the game were over, but instead it just goes on and on.

I don't mean to be a downer, I won't harp on this all year.

19 minutes ago, Mykk said:

For starters, I have a strong dislike for any game or mode with re-spawns.

Second, "doesn't really matter if you win or not"...  what the heck? In fact, the only "bad" thing is if a game ends too quickly? Huh???

So it doesn't matter if you die. It doesn't matter if you win. It doesn't affect your stats. It's ALMOST as if there is NOTHING to the mode at all!

But credits you ask? Maybe a little easier, but given the number of pub games per hour vs FL games per hour, we've already determined FL is not the HUGE credit earner it's made out to be.

I guess you earn xp in tanks you haven't elited? But most will play in premiums. Tier 8s not seeing tier 10? Not a super-strong selling point, but okay.

It's fun? Not for me. If not for the reward tanks, I wouldn't bother. But given reward tanks...  I plan on watching a lot of TV and videos while mindlessly pressing W and my left mouse button, and every time I die wishing the game were over, but instead it just goes on and on.

I don't mean to be a downer, I won't harp on this all year.

I like the mode. It gives me a chance to play tier 8 tanks I don't normally play, or become better in some I do want to play. Having the prem 8's I can earn a lot of credits and can grind some tanks I haven't finished. I was leery about playing the Lorr 40T in pubs cause i was getting wrecked. I've learned through FL how to manage the long reloads, somewhat, and when to pop out and try to wreck someone. I find it to be fast paced, and I can be more aggressive sometimes. And I don't have to worry about higher tiers.

I don’t completely disagree with Mykk... I find the mode pretty grindy... yes, there are ways to make progress other than massive amounts of damage (assisted, defense and cap points), but it really is all about the damage. I played a bunch and averaged clearing well over 200k a battle (was running personal boosters tho and have a premium account)... pretty sure I cleared (included credit rewards) almost 2M credits on the night. 3 generals, bunch of majors, one captain and one leftenant (go Canada). 

Where I disagree slightly with Mykk is that being a total damage classy lady can be fun. When I re-spawn I look for which of the three has the most enemies (within reason) or if there are 2-3 enemies I know I can engage quickly. IMHO heavies are usually a waste of time. I did play a couple, but only when I knew I could wade into a bunch of reds pretty quickly. 

Progetto just deals in this mode. Can also stay alive a bit which helps with speedy respawns. Lorr 40t and then back to progetto or if unavailable, Skorp G. 

What’s better, defending or attacking? Meh, religious debate. Same chance of getting good//bad teams in each. I dont perceive an inherent advantage in either. Won and lost in each posture more or less the same amount... achieved similar spread of ranks... 

tl:dr Just farm damage like a maniac. Don’t yolo caps... pretty much ever. 

Edit: I like how the word I used to describe a person of loose morals was autocorrected to “classy lady”... a sexist autocorrect... too funny.