Map Discussion 1.0 Redux: Prokhorovka

One of my favorites also. All playable. No corridors.

Crossfire between 6 line and hill still seems to be the key in most matches. You gotta make sure that happens.

At the same time that they crossfire hill, the guys going mid on the 3-6 lines have to spot the enemy mid. And don't be a scared bunny if the other team has 3 arties. If they have 3 arties, you have 3 arties also. You gotta make sure that your arties are better, or you lose. So put your big bunny pants on and spot.

For those who are good at vision, pushing along the bushes on the 2 line is a viable spotting play since the bushes were miracle-growed. This move now seems to be chosen by many spotting mavens over the E1 bush. But the E1 bush is also still viable, if risky. Still, mid and hill are generally more important in pubs than 1-2 line; lights are most often more useful surfing mid as an initial move than spotting 1-2.

20 hours ago, Cpl_Maida said:

One of the best maps in the game. Period. Rewards peeps who understand the games mechanics. Punishes peeps that don't. Rewards medium and light tank play. Punishes heavies. What could be better?

Rewards arty players... 

Grinding the Type 5 just for CW. Getting this map in any of the tanks in that tech tree sucks... 

I love playing this map in an LT, MT and a TD when we have good scouts. One map where vision and control of key scouting spots makes or breaks a game. 

Though, commonly used bushes can be sniped and artied with great effect. I blind fired 2 rounds into a bush and killed a Skorp G and then blind fired into a usual scouting bush and hit an LT. Playing the E1 scouting spot is important, but you can get hit with a lot of blind fire these days.

12 minutes ago, SGrant7 said:

Grinding the Type 5 just for CW. Getting this map in any of the tanks in that tech tree sucks... 

Caveat: Type 5 is rough with 2-3 arties. With 0-1 arties, it is great. Poke over the middle ridge and blast people.

Tip for poking mid with the Type 5 or anything else: Poke directly at the rocks at E4 and E5, going from one rock to the other. Look to fire obliquely when you poke at the rock. Your targets probably won't be aimed obliquely at you, and the rock will stop most fire from straight ahead. And by alternating rocks, you can confuse reds who might wise up if you poke twice in a row the same way. But be very careful about poking the E5 rock if you might get crossfired from hill.

I like this map. In a med tank with good depression from the north or south I'll coast along the mid E 3-6 looking for opportunities. The south is stronger for shots into the hill at 9 line, in my opinion. I'll take a good sniper or bad hull down into the bushes at C 6-7 for shots into the 9-0 line from the north after the initial mid stroll. I love this map in a light. All kinds of things can happen. In a TD I'll blind shoot the crap out of anywhere I think someone is lurking.  

Smack in the middle of f5 is now an even more powerful spot for meds... the burm in the nw part of that square is taller these days so protects you from e4/5 pokers. To hit you they must seriously expose themselves, while you can move up burm more safely to get shots on hill. But don’t just sit on the higher burm spot. Poke up and get your shots and then move back down. Can also selectively spot e6, but that is a riskier move as will be significantly exposed to hill shots. 

That spot is generally good, but can have very good games when you have vaguely competent surfer(s), 6 line heavy spotter and hill spotters (I know, I know, tall ask, but it does happen from time to time).