Sign in to follow this  
Hapa_Fodder

Recipes!

This pinned topic is for us to share recipes, to make it easier to search, because I am sure this topic will be flooded, make sure you put what the dish is in CAPS AND BOLD first.  UNLEASH THE FOOD!  I'll start and I apologize for my measurements on seasoning and such, because most times I don't measure.

LOW CARB/NO CARB, SLOW COOKER ROAST

4LB Chuck Roast

1 1/2lb baby portobellos cut into quarters

1/2lb pearl onions peeled

1 whole bulb of garlic

1 1/2lbs of fresh raw green beens, ends removed and cut in half

2 full sprigs of rosemary dried or fresh (prefer dried for convenience)

2 tbls of thyme dried or fresh

3/4 stick of butter

4 stalks of celery chopped into 1/2inch pieces or to your liking

1 32oz pack of beef or bone broth

3 large beef steak tomatoes cut into 8's

CROCK POT!

Night before I take the roast (thawed) and put it in a large ziplock bag, melt half the butter in a cup with 1 or 2 cloves of garlic chopped along with some chopped up rosemary and thyme (small amount, maybe a tbls) along with a tbls of cracked pepper. Put all that in the bag with the roast and rub it around , place the bagged roast on a plate and place it in the fridge overnight.

Ready to cook?

1: In a frying pan or dutch oven(I used a dutch oven) melt 1/4 stick of butter with a tsp of olive oil. Place the roast in the dutch over and brown on all sides, take it out when browned and set it aside. 

2: Crush the remaining garlic and throw with the mushrooms, onions, celery and green beans into the dutch oven and brown quickly (not looking to cook them just coat them and brown them a lill

3: Once everything is browned, place the roast in the center of the crockpot, pour all the veggies into the crockpot, arrange around the outside and covering, don't put them under the roast as I found this tends to burn them. Poor the broth into the crock pot. Place the tomatoes in the Crock pot on top of the roast and veggies, tear up the remaining butter and just place it around on top of everything, add the remaining thyme and rosemary. Cook in the crockpot for 10 hours on low.

Obviously you can add carrots or potatoes if you like, HOWEVER, both of those will mean it isn't a low carb/no carb option.  I don't put any salt at all in any of it because the butter will add flavor but add as you like.  Pepper is ALWAYS a good option. If you haven't checked out "Bourbon Barrel Foods" I suggest you do for their Bourbon Stave smoked spices!  Their Bourbon Barrel Smoked Cracked Pepper is amazing!