Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Update 1.4 - Estimated Release Info

Harkonnen estimates that the Premium EBR may come with update 1.4. He can't currently confirm that yet though... That would put the rest of the line with 1.5. Looks like my guesstimate was pretty close if all this information is correct.

His estimated update schedule:

Jan 17 or 18: 1st Common Test for 1.4
Jan 24 or 25: 2nd Common Test for 1.4
Feb 6: 1.4 goes Live

All the details are here: https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-update-1-4-possible-dates/

Frontline is expected in 1.4 as well. Also, some MM changes that have been tested on the Asian server. Maybe @stewiejp can elaborate on what those look like... 

Who knows re the Panhard etc - maybe 1.4 for the premium and 1.5 for the line as Hark suggests. They are still testing it though but who knows how much more they need to tinker with the thing, but I'm guessing his dates are either a good guesstimate or a bit of inside info.

1.4 for February - I'd put my money on that - After the campaign everyone has been anticipating (which I guess will be announced soon™) and in time for Frontlines. That's not a "scoop" - just my opinion.

The Asian MM. Trust me you want it, especially if you are sick of seeing Tier 10's in your Tier 8 Premiums (or even normal tanks for that matter). We are still tinkering with it but the short version is when the MM looks for a battle, instead of looking for a 3/5/7 game first, it looks for it last. So most battles are single tier, or 2 tier games. Pref. T8 MM tanks rarely see 9's as it stands, and "normal" MM Tier 8 tanks may see a Tier 10 battle one game out of 10 in my experience.

Original Article Here November 2018

The article also mentions bots for low tiered (1-5) battles for the ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) server as well as LATAM due to low server population. (ANZ during prime time is 1 to 2k online).

The down side? It can be challenging to get a Tier 10 game on ANZ due to low server population so they tweaked it a bit by introducing "odd" MM line ups. The longer in queue, the more likely you may be to see a strange line up. 4/5/6; 4/4/7; 2/5/8; 2/4/9; 2/3/10. Again - the MM still looks for these 3 tiered line ups last, but even so, in a Tier 8 battle when you do see a Tier 10 line up - being just 2 of them isn't as daunting as 3/5/7.

Boxing Day Changes to MM

In the complaints discussions around the 3/5/7 MM the idea of making 3 Tiered battles the last choice rather than the first choice has been made my many testers, CCs, players and WG staff all over the globe - the staff from WG Asia were able to convince WG HQ to let us try it, and we reckon it works pretty well. 

On the Hong Kong Server (the "main" Asia server if you like - 10-15k online during peak times I think) - I never had a problem getting a Tier 10 battle during the trials, so the issue looks (at least to me) to be "small server specific" in regards to not being able to get a tier 10 game. The other "downside" is that when playing tens - you are no longer in the 3 of the 3/5/7 - it will more likely be an all Tier 10 game (good for bonds!) or a 2 tiered spread so not as much rolling over tier 8's in those battles, which again I think is a positive thing. 

Bottom line is it is now better for credit grinds and we can even platoon at Tier 8 again! Hallelujah! Previously if platooning in 8's it was bottom of 3/5/7 every single game. My major gripe with the 3/5/7 was it indirectly discouraged players from platooning at certain tiers - 8's due to MM, and Tens due to not being able to find a battle.... 

Hope this helps - got to catch a plane soon so hope I haven't stuffed anything up, officially on Holidays NOW! Hi5!

(one other thing) - 3/5/7 is still out there - it hasn't actually been removed (as some people think -  they see it and jump on the forums!!) but due to it being the last option it is now very rarely seen.

Good info, thanks. Glad to hear the changes are positive from a player perspective. If it works for Hong Kong at 15k players then it will probably be fine on NA. What do we get, 20-25k on the busiest weekends?

Yes to 20-25k. Broke 25 on a couple of the busiest days lately, but not sure if that's a trend or holiday-related. (26k last Sat 10pm est, 29/28k Sunday 12/30 10p/11p est).

But that gets split between 3 servers now. They dropped East approx 11/5 and brought it back approx 12/12. SA/LATAM gets 0-2k and peaks 5pm-10pm est. Central consistently beats out East approx 60%/40%, like 14/11 or 12/8 at night.

I assume they are splitting up NA into Central and East for ping issues, because for sure I'd rather have one huge pool.

13 hours ago, Mykk said:

I assume they are splitting up NA into Central and East for ping issues, because for sure I'd rather have one huge pool.

I'm not sure who's playing on the East. I live in the East. The PING is usually double in the East for me compared to Central. So I always play Central...

15 hours ago, stewiejp said:

Who knows re the Panhard etc - maybe 1.4 for the premium and 1.5 for the line as Hark suggests. They are still testing it though but who knows how much more they need to tinker with the thing, but I'm guessing his dates are either a good guesstimate or a bit of inside info.

1.4 for February - I'd put my money on that - After the campaign everyone has been anticipating (which I guess will be announced soon™) and in time for Frontlines. That's not a "scoop" - just my opinion.

The Asian MM. Trust me you want it, especially if you are sick of seeing Tier 10's in your Tier 8 Premiums (or even normal tanks for that matter). We are still tinkering with it but the short version is when the MM looks for a battle, instead of looking for a 3/5/7 game first, it looks for it last. So most battles are single tier, or 2 tier games. Pref. T8 MM tanks rarely see 9's as it stands, and "normal" MM Tier 8 tanks may see a Tier 10 battle one game out of 10 in my experience.

Original Article Here November 2018

The article also mentions bots for low tiered (1-5) battles for the ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) server as well as LATAM due to low server population. (ANZ during prime time is 1 to 2k online).

The down side? It can be challenging to get a Tier 10 game on ANZ due to low server population so they tweaked it a bit by introducing "odd" MM line ups. The longer in queue, the more likely you may be to see a strange line up. 4/5/6; 4/4/7; 2/5/8; 2/4/9; 2/3/10. Again - the MM still looks for these 3 tiered line ups last, but even so, in a Tier 8 battle when you do see a Tier 10 line up - being just 2 of them isn't as daunting as 3/5/7.

Boxing Day Changes to MM

In the complaints discussions around the 3/5/7 MM the idea of making 3 Tiered battles the last choice rather than the first choice has been made my many testers, CCs, players and WG staff all over the globe - the staff from WG Asia were able to convince WG HQ to let us try it, and we reckon it works pretty well. 

On the Hong Kong Server (the "main" Asia server if you like - 10-15k online during peak times I think) - I never had a problem getting a Tier 10 battle during the trials, so the issue looks (at least to me) to be "small server specific" in regards to not being able to get a tier 10 game. The other "downside" is that when playing tens - you are no longer in the 3 of the 3/5/7 - it will more likely be an all Tier 10 game (good for bonds!) or a 2 tiered spread so not as much rolling over tier 8's in those battles, which again I think is a positive thing. 

Bottom line is it is now better for credit grinds and we can even platoon at Tier 8 again! Hallelujah! Previously if platooning in 8's it was bottom of 3/5/7 every single game. My major gripe with the 3/5/7 was it indirectly discouraged players from platooning at certain tiers - 8's due to MM, and Tens due to not being able to find a battle.... 

Hope this helps - got to catch a plane soon so hope I haven't stuffed anything up, officially on Holidays NOW! Hi5!

Thanks for the feedback! It's nice to hear how the MM might actually improve this time with actual experience with it on a live server.

Though, with the high number of tier X tanks dropping into MM every night on the NA server, I'm sure our mileage will vary a little. But with 3/5/7 being the lowest priority, that's really going to help a lot of the issues. GPC and I have both been saying they should prioritize 5/10 for so long now, it feels like something that would never happen.