Sign in to follow this  
gpc_4

Map Discussion 1.0 Redux: Pilsen

i actually like this map..and yea i hate the 0 line so never go there....med and heavy i go to 1-3 line. td i like the 7,8 line for the initial push toward us then i move up to the mounds and shoot away

I think this is a below average map. Besides brawling better in the West, I don’t think there is a consistent way to win. The coal area doesn’t have enough protection and is easily sniped from the back or from tanks holding the edge of the large middle building. I think less cover for the sniper perches would be beneficial for gameplay. Zero line push can work but you need other tanks to go with you and if you get outspotted then the snipers dominate again. They wanted to make the middle more playable but it is a dead area most battles.

Still, I think there is a good map in there somewhere. If spotting or aggressive moves offered better rewards in the center/east the map could be more dynamic. 

I have had some really good games playing fast tanks in the mounds. The key is to be patient and focus on spotting initially. Poke up in different places and provide targets for your sniper perch. While you want to spot, don't yolo and take hits. After your snipers do some work, you can look for opportunities to be offensive.

Yeah, mediocre map (TD perspective). I typically do A1/2 or J1 depending on spawn but neither really contribute. Rarely does a tank come down the 1 line. Most tanks push into the buildings and fight. There aren't any great angles into the buildings without getting in close and getting spotted. Never been a fan of the 7/8 line. The previous version of the map wasn't great but was somewhat better for td sniping.

6 hours ago, jd_on_ice said:

Yeah, mediocre map (TD perspective). I typically do A1/2 or J1 depending on spawn but neither really contribute. Rarely does a tank come down the 1 line. Most tanks push into the buildings and fight. There aren't any great angles into the buildings without getting in close and getting spotted. Never been a fan of the 7/8 line. The previous version of the map wasn't great but was somewhat better for td sniping.

the 7/8 line if you perch on right side gives you really good angles to 0 line and good shots into and between buildings on the 5/6 line.....sniper heaven with a accurate td

10 hours ago, circeseye said:

the 7/8 line if you perch on right side gives you really good angles to 0 line and good shots into and between buildings on the 5/6 line.....sniper heaven with a accurate td

I'll give it a try again but didn't care for it in the past. Not enough heavies seem to go into that building at the ef/4/5 area and it didn't seem too helpful. 

9 hours ago, jd_on_ice said:

I'll give it a try again but didn't care for it in the past. Not enough heavies seem to go into that building at the ef/4/5 area and it didn't seem too helpful. 

the heavies i see go there are the really slow ones usually the super heavies (but the nice thing about being there is you get nice side shots)....but still get a lot of meds in there