Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Premium Ammo Changes in Supertest

What about reducing gold damage based on the tier of the target? 

Target is your tier or lower: -30%

Target is one tier higher: -15%

Target is two tiers higher: Full effect. 

32 minutes ago, Hepius said:

I think that would be some crazy computing on the server side. 

7 hours ago, Hepius said:

Lets use your math and pretend a 140 is shooting HEAT frontally at a Type 5.

320 avg dmg from Russian meds now goes down to 224 avg dmg.  Now lets remember that RNG in this game can roll for +/- 25%, so you're tier X Russian medium can spend extra credits for the privilege of shooting a tank with stupid broken armor for possibly 168 damage.

I'll pass on this.

3 hours ago, Cpl_Maida said:

320 avg dmg from Russian meds now goes down to 224 avg dmg.  Now lets remember that RNG in this game can roll for +/- 25%, so you're tier X Russian medium can spend extra credits for the privilege of shooting a tank with stupid broken armor for possibly 168 damage.

I'll pass on this.

But that's what they're currently testing... -25 to -30% damage on premium rounds. It's not going to be easy to balance everything. Nerf armor to tanks like the Type 5, Maus, E100 and they're just sitting ducks. No one will play them anymore. All battles will just be MT's, LT's and TD's.

WG has one hell of a hole to dig themselves out of.

21 minutes ago, SGrant7 said:

But that's what they're currently testing... -25 to -30% damage on premium rounds. It's not going to be easy to balance everything. Nerf armor to tanks like the Type 5, Maus, E100 and they're just sitting ducks. No one will play them anymore. All battles will just be MT's, LT's and TD's.

WG has one hell of a hole to dig themselves out of.

No one should be playing the Type 5, Maus, or E100 anyway.

They can't decide they want impenetrable tanks.  That makes the game "own one of these three heavies."  That's just dumb.  I'd be okay if the game was just MT, LT, and TDs (we need to keep TDs in the game so we can farm them).

No one should be playing the Type 5, Maus, or E100 anyway.
They can't decide they want impenetrable tanks.  That makes the game "own one of these three heavies."  That's just dumb.  I'd be okay if the game was just MT, LT, and TDs (we need to keep TDs in the game so we can farm them).
As I typed the game would be "just MT's, LT's...", I thought to myself, "this is probably what Maida wants anyways...". Lol

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Cpl_Maida said:

I'll pass on this.

Look, there are a lot of things I’d change about WoT before I’d worry about premium ammo. I’m just suggesting a change that would be BETTER than nerfing all premium ammo. 

Nerfing it all crushes lower tier tanks.  

And get rid of the Type 5. It’s bad for the game  

Not sure about this. Corridor maps everywhere and a change that essentially buffs heavy armor...to me that is sending the game the wrong way. I see super HTs, high pen campy TDs, and SPGs increasing in the queue if the changes are implemented. That does not make for a fun battle. 

My idea....

1. Make prem rounds redonkuously expensive, 3-5 times more expensive then the current price. 

2. Pen for most prem rounds lower, basically nothing above 300 pen. Freaking Soviet meds should not have 330 HEAT pen, not even at tier X. 

3. No prem rounds for high tier TDs. Make them aim  

Ditch premium rounds altogether, they wrecked balancing from the get-go. But I'm sure it was/is a money maker for them or they wouldn't have introduced them in the first place. Now? Just various degrees of broken.