Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Premium Ammo Changes in Supertest

Looks like WG isn't sitting idle... The premium ammo changes are already in Supertest.

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-premium-ammo-changes/

Untitled3.png

The changes to the Type 5 shell are certainly interesting.

Untitled4.png

I’m just worried this will make pubs full of HTs. They will be harder to take down. Kinda like how Ranked had masses of heavies; the armor and HP made people feel safe. 

I like that it hurts Soviet meds. Are they actually going to aim with standard instead of HEATing their way through everyone with 240 alpha? Also, borderline buff to the Batchat since I only bring standard rounds. 

As for the Type4/5...whatever. Garbage tanks that will still be bad for the game. They should be reverted to their old AP guns which were perfectly fine. 

2 hours ago, SGrant7 said:

Looks like WG isn't sitting idle... The premium ammo changes are already in Supertest.

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-premium-ammo-changes/

Untitled3.png

The changes to the Type 5 shell are certainly interesting.

Untitled4.png

i.e. The type 4 and 5 will now be shooting the standard HE rounds for 1100. We knew it was coming and honestly, I agree with removing the gold HE round.

1 hour ago, gpc_4 said:

As for the Type4/5...whatever. Garbage tanks that will still be bad for the game. They should be reverted to their old AP guns which were perfectly fine. 

I am going to have to disagree here, the gold rounds are garbage, not the tanks imo. The derp gun gives the Japanese heavy line a unique feel. Without the garbage gold round it will just become the tier X KV-2 which I believe was the intention all along.  If you take the derp completely away there would be no reason to drive this over the Maus.

These changes seem ok to me. Looks like (for the most part) it will be sacrificing alpha for more pen. Nice trade-off. The Type 4/5 changes will have to be judged later. I don't have one but I'm very efficient at getting hit by them.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, DMViking said:

These changes seem ok to me. Looks like (for the most part) it will be sacrificing alpha for more pen. Nice trade-off. The Type 4/5 changes will have to be judged later. I don't have one but I'm very efficient at getting hit by them.

Some people are arguing that these changes will make tanks like the Type 5 more OP. With less damage hitting them with every shot, it will take far more shots and credits to put one down. Though, the WZ 111 1-4 that I faced in my Type 4 last night ate my HP up pretty fast with the HEAT that he was firing.

I understand people being frustrated by top tier tanks shooting gold. But gold is the only way lower tier tanks can be competitive in most cases. 

Won’t these changes make being bottom tier even worse than than it currently is?

4 minutes ago, Hepius said:

I understand people being frustrated by top tier tanks shooting gold. But gold is the only way lower tier tanks can be competitive in most cases. 

Won’t these changes make being bottom tier even worse than than it currently is?

I do think the unintended consequences will likely end up worse then the problem they are trying to fix. WG’s testing has continually been terrible. Remember when they overbuffed the E5 and then left it like that for over a year? Or everything about the introduction of the v4? Or IS-3A? 

.....yipes. 

5 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

Remember when they overbuffed the E5 and then left it like that for over a year?

And then nerfed it 3 months after I finally got it... Then introduced the S.Conq which is more OP than the E5 was hull down... 

Don't be silly, gpc. WG never makes mistakes.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk