Sign in to follow this  
gpc_4

Map Discussion 1.0 Redux: Overlord

East is key. Go there in everything. A winning move can be pushing across the middle field on the 7,8 line to the enemy's berm. But you need the right support to make it work.

Decide where to flex after winning east. Note that you can shoot both bases from different corners of the middle field; in fact, you can control all of the most useful parts of the map by flexing around the field.

6 hours ago, jd_on_ice said:

But the beach is so nice, you can roast marshmallows over your engine fire.....

It just amazes me that every time I get this map, even in T-10 matches, you get top tier heavies going to the beach. It just boggles the mind...

yep, pretty much every battle several heavies or whatever go that way. As a TD player I'd like to go east but I know that if I don't stick close to the 4 line then a beach push will happen and likely go unspotted until they've made it up the hill. Which sux because now the beach players end up with justification to go there. SMH

One of the better maps; places to play for all classes, opportunities to move into important positions early, endgame can have a lot of flexing. It’s a map where skill, vision, and camo can win even if your team is behind. I think it would still be good if the beach aspect was removed. Overall, stay off the beach, one of the dumbest places you can take your tank on any map. East wins the map. I don’t remember the last time I played 3-6 lines. People will go there, don’t worry about it. Just win the east. 

Also, it’s a good looking map and I appreciate the historical aspect of it. 

i was wrong on the other post if my heavy has crap turret depression i go 3/4 line....i usually do pretty good unless the other team breaks through anywhere eastward and come from behind...but yea a heavy should not go 1/2 line.

Agree with gpc. I can't remember the last time I played the 1-6 lines in any tank. I used to sometimes make an initial run in a light tank to E5-E6 to provide intel, before going east. Now I rarely even do that.

Winning east is everything. Once you do that and control E7-F7, there is nothing the other team can do on the 1-6 lines.

2 minutes ago, The_Dad said:

I went to the beach once...

with a TOG for the memes

This is why we can’t have nice things.