Halsinki

Prodigal Son (Dad?)

Well hello folks. I figured this would be the best place to drop this. I was active back in day during DHO's peak around 2014/15ish. I think some WoT burnout along with some unsavory internal happenings made me decide to step away from the community. But I do remember some great guys including Joey and I know they worked pretty damn hard to build DHO up and am a bit sad to see the decline in activity over the last three years. I hope the fresh leadership and direction will invigorate the community and contribute towards new growth opportunities. (I'm medically retired but I guess I've still got the business side in me... :P) 

I'm considering tinkering around with WoT again. I don't currently have the funds to jump into premium time as I usually would do... and I haven't had the discussion with the wife over whether or not I should play something that raises my blood pressure but I'm interested the same. I also wanted to touch base with the community as I've shied away for too long. I'm sure I will lurk for a little bit while I'm mulling over WoT.  There's all these new mechanics in a game that used to enjoy just by blowing stuff up so I've got plenty to look at. 

I would appreciate a Discord invite if that's possible... I might lurk there as well... or I might engage who knows?

Anyways, Happy Hunting out there to you all!

Hal

Discord is just a link. Should be able to access it though the Discord widget on the home page. 

@Halsinki - where you able to find the link? If not, it's in my signature. Welcome back! We have a few different things going on, and we should see some more activity as the New Year continues.  Always glad to see our comrades return!

I would like to comment in this section too because I feel the same as Halsinki in some ways as the Prodigal Son type. I enjoyed the community while I was with DHO but the team that I was on kinda went dormant as far as Stronghold play and teaming up in battles. Back then I was really just getting into Tier 6 tanks. Dormancy in the team was one of the only reasons I left for another clan where I thought the clan would do more as team play. The only other clan that I have ever joined also became dormant and I find myself looking to come back and hopefully be put with a team that will do Tier 8 to Tier 10 team play as well as getting anymore tips and tricks to make my game play better and possibly get back into Strongholds.  I have progressed quite a bit since I have left and have quite a variety of tanks in the different Tiers if I can find someone who would like to team up with me. Currently I am working two jobs at the College here in Missouri. I work as a Lead HVAC Technician as well as teach classes as an Adjunct Instructor in the evenings two nights a week. I know OleGoat and he was the one who recruited me into DHO quite awhile back. I team up with him still to this day, not every night but quite a few nights a week and weekends. He lives on the East Coast and his play ends before I am ready to quit for the night and would love to team up again with any DHO players that may be playing on for another hour or so in the evenings. Could you hook this old fart dad up with a team with DHO again. I was able to log back into this sight so you must not have kicked me out of here yet. Lol. I still have the DHO tag on World of Warplanes that I never downloaded for some reason. Well I would like to make this my formal request to come back if you would have me. Thank you.

Just to be clear, I am a Dad with two kids for the qualifying factors of this Clan. I am also prior military in the Marines. OleGoat I am sure would say something about this if he checks the forums but I would only expect that from a Squid.

Everyone beware!! I have no clue who this Jarhead is...JK. Actually, he platoons with me quite often and you would never guess that he knew what he was doin. To do this right I will direct him to the clan request page and resubmit to the DHO clan for World of Tanks.

16 hours ago, thedakar said:

I am glad to see all these new (old) faces.  This is fantastic. Welcome all!

Tks thedakar, it's good to be back.