Hmm. Thanks for info guys. I think I'll use shards on the old collection for the last few nights.

I completed 1 new collection after buying a fair amount of boxes and playing more than usual for me. It does seem nearly impossible to complete anything this year if you don't buy boxes.

But WG has been very generous in some ways this year, so it all evens out.

FYI, on the last day of Holiday Ops when you’re done playing, make sure to take down and break up all your decorations. Maybe, just maybe, it’ll get you the shards you need to complete a collection. 

33 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

FYI, on the last day of Holiday Ops when you’re done playing, make sure to take down and break up all your decorations. Maybe, just maybe, it’ll get you the shards you need to complete a collection. 

I was thinking the same thing last night. I considered doing it last night when I couldn't finish my "Win & place in the top 5 in damage" battle for boxes after 8 or so attempts. I was getting frustrated and considered throwing in the towel.

The previous night, I went on an 11 game winning streak. RNG just decided it was time to balance things out I guess.

41 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

Exactly, and you should wait for the last day too... there is always a chance you'll RNG into a few more decorations that you're missing before you waste unneeded shards on the generator. 

75 boxes got me close to 1 book, then I used about 8k shards to complete it.

Currently, I'm at about 80% on all the other books, and have stock-piled about 35k shards... which should get me to at least one more book, and maybe a third if the Generator is nice to me. 

My biggest complaint is how they treat Defender vs Obj 252u. I already owned a 252u, but won a Defender, and now I have 2 of the same tank instead of the 11k gold... 😞

My suggestion is to finish last year's books first... they're easy and you can directly 'buy' the decorations you need for a set amount of shards (no crafting involved). For example all tier V decorations are 240 shards... simply click on the one you need and 'pay' the price. Then with whatever shards you have left try to finish this years. The thought is that you will be able to finish this year's books next Christmas... if you're still playing... but last year's will be gone forever. cool?