I was able to finish up 3 of last year's collections using shards from this year easily. It was nice being able to buy each decoration with shards rather than the random crafting that we use in the current year.

Buying the decorations is the way this should be done! That way, anyone that decided to skip buying the boxes and is dedicated can still complete the collections. They'd literally have to get nearly every box every day. But, they would be able to complete one or more collections.

The way it is now, even after spending all that money and getting all those boxes, I've only completed one collection so far. I've come close on another, but with the stupidity of the randomness in it, I haven't been able to get the last few (3) decorations that I need. I earned 38 boxes last night. I crafted 3 identical tier V decorations that I already had. I blew all my shards and didn't get any closer.

I am close on a second collection but will likely need amazing RNG to get it done. Then again, completing the two I didn’t get last year made it kinda worthwhile. 

4 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

I am close on a second collection but will likely need amazing RNG to get it done. Then again, completing the two I didn’t get last year made it kinda worthwhile. 

I find it funny compared to the tank marathons... In the tank marathons, someone who dedicates a lot of time and is willing to grind out the missions can still earn the rewards. Others can spend different amounts of money and unlock everything with various levels of grinding... or even no grinding.

In this, if you don't spend any money, I would argue that it is basically impossible to complete all of, if any of the collections. Considering the cost of the 75 boxes that so many of us purchased, you would think that completing the collections for a style would be an easy task, but it's not.

Then there are the unlucky people like myself that bought the 75 boxes and only got one of the 4 unique tier X styles (and the one I got is for the only tank I don't have... RNG!) and didn't even get the Commander either. So at the end of this Ops (other than Gold, premium time & tanks), I'll walk away with only one or two of the Xmas styles and one unique style. I would gladly exchange some of my Gold for the ability to purchase the other unique styles, the Xmas styles or the Commander.

6 minutes ago, SGrant7 said:

I find it funny compared to the tank marathons... In the tank marathons, someone who dedicates a lot of time and is willing to grind out the missions can still earn the rewards. Others can spend different amounts of money and unlock everything with various levels of grinding... or even no grinding.

In this, if you don't spend any money, I would argue that it is basically impossible to complete all of, if any of the collections. Considering the cost of the 75 boxes that so many of us purchased, you would think that completing the collections for a style would be an easy task, but it's not.

Then there are the unlucky people like myself that bought the 75 boxes and only got one of the 4 unique tier X styles (and the one I got is for the only tank I don't have... RNG!) and didn't even get the Commander either. So at the end of this Ops (other than Gold, premium time & tanks), I'll walk away with only one or two of the Xmas styles and one unique style. I would gladly exchange some of my Gold for the ability to purchase the other unique styles, the Xmas styles or the Commander.

Those boxes really are gambling...and your luck is terrible. 

10 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

Those boxes really are gambling...and your luck is terrible. 

Seriously! Literally everyone that I know of that bought the 75 boxes got all 4 unique styles AND the Commander! What gives?!?

I got pretty lucky on my 25 boxes, the short-list being the 3a, Commander, and one style. Of course I would've liked more styles, but can't complain.

What I wanted to agree with is that I still don't have one collection done, but close due to the 25 boxes being from one group. Fairly close on a second collection. Not very close on the other 2. Actually, I think I'm at 229 out of...  310? I haven't played every night, but I've taken pains to play enough when I do to try to maximize my boxes.

15 minutes ago, Mykk said:

What I wanted to agree with is that I still don't have one collection done, but close due to the 25 boxes being from one group. Fairly close on a second collection. Not very close on the other 2. Actually, I think I'm at 229 out of...  310? I haven't played every night, but I've taken pains to play enough when I do to try to maximize my boxes.

Imagine you spent nothing... How far along would you be? Even if you played every night. I feel WG made it much harder this year...

I'm with you, "impossible" more like it. There's a maximum to the number of boxes you can get earn each day, right. Even if I were maxing them out I don't see where there would be that huge of a difference. Empty boxes you can't fill even with shards due to RNG.

Hopefully I'll fill them next year!

Should your focus be on the 2017 book at this point? Do you think they will bring both books back next year or just 2018 if they bring any back at all?

My thought is to get 2017 done in case they only bring back the previous year's book next year.