Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Advent Calendar 2018

1 hour ago, Bombaybacon said:

"Late Purchase" Period

If you miss it, don't worry: the SU-130PM will be on sale until Thursday, Dec. 13, 06:00 PT | 08:00 CT | 09:00 ET — that's your last chance to get this tank destroyer!

Would have been better if the actual event went that long... Could have used another day or two finishing up a couple more levels.

3 minutes ago, Bombaybacon said:

wasn't the Defender promoted like that?

I think they said the same thing about the E25 when it came out of the shop.

They always add a little caveat to the announcements that the tank could be sold for special events or given as a prize. 

4 hours ago, SGrant7 said:

Pulled the trigger last minute at 50% off... Was hoping to get to 60 or 70, but couldn't find the time.

I only got through level 4. Is it worth it? I see a lot of them out there. I have the Skorp G, does it compare?

Edit: NVM, I bought it. I needed another Russian TD crew anyway.

Edited by Ziggy_Dog

17 hours ago, Ziggy_Dog said:

I only got through level 4. Is it worth it? I see a lot of them out there. I have the Skorp G, does it compare?

Edit: NVM, I bought it. I needed another Russian TD crew anyway.

Lol!

I only had time for 3 matches in it so far. One was great. The next was bad. The last was terrible. But it's still too early on. I really like TD's and I play the Skorp G quite well. I'm sure this will work well for me once I get time to play it a little more.

Well gents, the Skorp G is on sale today only. If you missed it before, now's your chance. The sale isn't great unless you're looking to acquire Premium time and Gold with the tank. There is no deal for the Gold price, but it's never been sold for Gold before.

One quick reminder, you "MAY" find a Skorp G in one of the Holiday Boxes if you're planning to buy them... But they don't start until tomorrow. Buy now or gamble later...

Personally, I find the Skorp G to be on of the best TD's and best tier VIII tanks period. But you need to know how to play a turreted TD, abuse camo and vision mechanics and where to set up for the best damage. The camo and vision mechanics are key. If you don't have those down, you'll be back in the garage fast. The Skorp G is softer than a wet paper bag and is an arty magnet. 

You'll be hard pressed to find a more accurate large caliber TD. I've played a lot of games in mine. It's my highest dmg/game tier VIII by more than 130 dmg. I've been really close (92%) to 3 marking it twice. But remember, I play a lot of TD's. If you're not a TD player, you might want to avoid this tank.

Previews of what it is capable of:
http://dadshideout.com/IPS/index.php?/topic/19968-screenshots-of-your-best-battles-part-2/&do=findComment&comment=262891

https://dezgamez.wot-record.com/replay/123332/sgrant7_6k_damage_last_minute_win

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png