Sign in to follow this  
SGrant7

Super Derper Big Drop Contest! A Derpsgiving Bonus! - Nov 21/18 - Win GOLD!

Hey Dads!

I'm hosting a contest next Wednesday night, Nov 21st. The contest will start at 8pm EST and end at 11pm EST. It is open to ALL dads that are part of the DHO site, regardless of which clan you're currently in. (I may be late to start it up, but Ayleward has agreed to get it going in case I'm not there yet. Need to start early enough to get those East Coasters in eh!)

The event will have 3 prizes:
1st Prize - 100 Gold per participant to a max of 2,000 Gold!
2nd Prize - 750 Gold
3rd Prize - 500 Gold

The rules for the event are as follows:
-The contest is limited to tier V derp tanks. (See below for most, if not all of the relevant tank & gun combos)
-HE is not required, but the derp gun is. Firing HEAT or HE out of the derp gun is allowed.
-Top 3 single highest damage battles will win the prizes.
-Only your highest damage battle will be counted, so each person can only win one prize. 
-You need to Super Drop with everyone which will be coordinated through Discord.
-You need to be in the Discord server any time after 8pm EST and before the last battle drops around 10:45pm EST. (I will request a channel specially named for this event from one of the WoT Discord Admins)
-In the event of a tie for any position, we will start a training room and the two people tied for a position will duel to the death. The person who loses will drop down to the next position in the standings.
-Keep a screen shot of your highest battles to post here for verification after.

Platoons are not required, but are encouraged.

People are welcome to stream the event.

Google Doc Link to track progress:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UAnLSDOmPfDG14Rbw6QcNIzi_S2GmGhIXAz8P5HZTVw/edit?usp=sharing

Tier V Derp Combos

AT 2 (UK), 3.7-inch AT Howitzer
Churchill I (UK), OQF 3-inch Howitzer Mk. I
Crusader (UK), OQF 3-inch Howitzer Mk. I
KV-I (USSR), 122mm U-11
KV-IS (USSR), 122mm Howitzer S-41
M10 Wolverine (US), 105mm AT M4
M4 Sherman (US), 105mm M4
O-I exp. (JPN), 12 cm Short Barrel Gun
Pz. Kpfw. IV Ausf. H (Ger), 10.5 cm Kw.K. L/28
Renault G1 (Fr), 105mm court mle. 1934
Sherman III (UK), 105mm M4
StuG III Ausf. G (Ger), 10.5cm Stu.H. 42 L/28
SU-85 (USSR), 122mm M-30S
VK 30.01 H (Ger), 10.5cm Kw.K. L/28.

16 hours ago, SGrant7 said:

You need to Super Drop with everyone

Does this mean everyone hits battle at the same time, or is there another mechanism?

2 hours ago, Ziggy_Dog said:

Does this mean everyone hits battle at the same time, or is there another mechanism?

Exactly! Someone in channel will count down and everyone in channel (or the platoon leader) hits "Battle" at the same time. Obviously not everyone ends up in the same battle every time, but many of us will.

The most I've personally seen in the same super drop battles was somewhere between 24 & 26 DHO's. The night runs at a slower pace because people are waiting on battles to end, but it's a great time. Lots of laughs, lots of YOLO's, lots of gold being fired.

Really hoping to see a good turn out.

BTW, if anyone is planning to attend, let me know and I can pre-add your name onto the list which will save some time when we're getting started.

Google Doc link below.

Add your name in advanced if you plan on attending to speed things up when we get underway.

As the evening goes on, keep the sheet open and update your highest score. The leader board will update automatically with the standings.

Special shout out to @thedakar for the help in solving my spread sheet issues due to my skills getting a little rusty the past few years.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UAnLSDOmPfDG14Rbw6QcNIzi_S2GmGhIXAz8P5HZTVw/edit?usp=sharing

Just a reminder that this contest is happening this Wednesday night starting @ 8pm EST and running until 11pm. You're welcome to join in on the fun anytime throughout the contest time. The last drop will be sometime around 10:45pm.

The person with the highest single game damage done with a tier V derp will claim the top prize of up to 2,000 gold (depending on the number of participants)!. There are prizes of 750 & 500 for 2nd & 3rd. You just need to join the channel on Discord and super drop with the rest of the dads. HE shells are NOT required. So if you want to fire only HEAT with your KV-1, that is perfectly acceptable!

Keep in mind, any scores you earn here can be used for the regular Derpsgiving contest.

Just reminder, you will need to keep a screen shot of your highest score to post here. To make it easy to keep track of your scores and who is leading, there is a shared spreadsheet that you can list your damage in and update as the night progresses. Link below.

6 minutes ago, gpc_4 said:

@SGrant7 @ me somewhere during the day on Wednesday and I’ll rename the Drops voice channel for the event. 

Will do! Thanks Grant!