Sign in to follow this  
Mykk

Need a new line to play?

I'm looking for ideas on how to assign some Female Crew Members. Five of them seem permanent. The sixth is an "Elite" Commander I have to use before March 28, 2019--so plenty of time.

The issue is I've been playing long enough that I have very few lines I'm not already working. The few that are left, I have no interest in (and they don't seem to have Clan Wars value).

For example, the USA tree has 7 lines, and I'm at tier 8-10 in all of them.

Here are the tier 10 tanks* where I don't already have a crew/tank between tier 6-9 in that line:
Germany: Jz E100, PK7
Russia: 705a, IS-4
UK: FV4005
France: Foch B (rage-quit that line after S35 CA), AMX M4 54, AMX 30 B
China: 113 (which isn't really it's own line, and when am I going to play it over the 5A)

*Note: I'm not including Arty, I'm not going to "waste" a female crew on it. I have 3 arty lines I occasionally work (USA, UK, France), so I'm fine there.

Since I have until March, I'm inclined to hold off and hope there is a new nation or new line released before then. (Wheeled tanks? Another "if you get to tier 10 in this tank, you get 2-for-the-price-of-1 situations? Any new lines/nations coming?)

Anyone have any bright ideas? Maybe I'm overlooking something? First-world problem?

4005. This has joined the Batchat and Maus as a tier X that everyone should experience. I’m on the tier IX for the 705A line and I think it is a solid line. IS-M and 705 have both been good to play and competitive. 

New stuff...I think the wheeled tanks will be here in 2-3 updates. That might meet your March deadline. Tier X replacements; they have discussed changes to the IS-4 line. Particularly moving up the ST-1 and somehow giving it two guns. Sounds crazy. So, take with a grain of salt. Only other new line I’ve heard about is a revived Pan-Europeon line but that would be months and months (years?) away. 

What about upgrading a commander in a tier 8 that you might use for skirmishes? Maybe save that thought if March rolls around and nothing promising comes along.

The skirmishes is an interesting angle because maybe DHO-X runs tier 8s more often. I want it to be a line I actually want to play, and not just park an awesome crew into a tank that a year from now I have 15 battles in.

On gpc_4's suggestion, the 4005 has "the lead" so far. I have the Batchat and am working towards the Maus.

12 hours ago, Mykk said:

The skirmishes is an interesting angle because maybe DHO-X runs tier 8s more often. I want it to be a line I actually want to play, and not just park an awesome crew into a tank that a year from now I have 15 battles in.

On gpc_4's suggestion, the 4005 has "the lead" so far. I have the Batchat and am working towards the Maus.

I'm currently grinding the fv 4005 , I'm on the Conway at the moment and I hate it . If you want a line that's fun to play go for the grille , the rhm and waffle are op tier for tier and you will have some monster games . Also you have a choice of switching between dpm and big alpha guns , so you can change it up if you lose interest . 

18 minutes ago, OneRoundShort said:

I'll second the 4005. It's a great LOL tank. So much fun to shoot 100% HESH rounds. One shots on a tier ten tank is a hoot.  

Like that lame Grille line 🙂

2 hours ago, Ziggy_Dog said:

I really hate seeing a 4005 pop up unannounced. I got 1 shot on the hill in Himmelsdorf yesterday in my Standard B. 

:ultima   

:lolsign

:ownedsign

:censored