Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

Shirt Stays

I wore these in the military and I wear them in the office - https://amzn.to/2SAkBLR

I also have these if I am wanting to ensure the strap is not visible over the sock (or if you want to make sure your sock stays up) - https://amzn.to/2CR9FUy 

I hate the individual straps (two straps per side) as they tend to have at least one that is always coming loose, and I like the clasps better than the cheap "button" style.

button type.PNG :fire<--- just say no to the buttons!

The clasps way better - easy to remove or adjust; you can make them tighter by a small twist to the mechanism with a set of plyers. 

The ones I got have plastic grips on the clasps, so I have not ripped or torn anything.  The ones that also clasp the socks can stretch the sock a bit, depending on tension, which is why I go with stirrup style.  When I first started using shirt stays, I used the button type, but I could sweat enough in the summer to have those things actually rust... I have not had that happen with the clasps.  Also, buttons would stretch out the little spot where the button pushed the shirt through the loop. The clasps leave a much less noticeable "waffle" circle that comes out on the wash.  

I have never used the garter style, I am always wearing pants with my shirts that need the stays. I would imagine if you are not going high tension they would work fine, but with my hairy Polish thighs I can imagine that pulling hairs and need to be readjusted constantly.  I don't want a reason to be tugging near my crotch (granted mid-thigh, but hey, if its a hot day, amiright?) in an office environment...

I've got a few interviews coming up. Might order a pair tonight and hope they arrive on time hahas.

Thank you Rob!

Ordered a pair from a USA mfg. company. Price was slightly more than the ones shown on Amazon but with S&H included (I paid $3 for three day) came out about the same. I'll post a link if they are any good.

Any advice to positioning and adjusting y style? I have an interview on Friday. They must love my resume because they are willing to work around my PT appointments for shoulder if need be because of my experience.

As @Aftrthought051 mentioned you can use the stays to gather the excess more toward the back, or as I mentioned you can gather it on your sides.  Otherwise, my suggestion is not too tight - it will become uncomfortable and distracting.  Just enough tug to keep the shirt under control.  You can try out "wrapping" around your leg - once pinned on the shirt, bring the stay around the back of your leg and attach to your sock/foot. You cna go on the inside (1/2 wrap) of the foot or the outside (complete wrap) of the foot.  It pulls the shirt backwards, making the front tighter while (generally) giving more play to the back (which needs more as it pulls out when you sit.)