Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

Shirt Stays

I wore these in the military and I wear them in the office - https://amzn.to/2SAkBLR

I also have these if I am wanting to ensure the strap is not visible over the sock (or if you want to make sure your sock stays up) - https://amzn.to/2CR9FUy 

I hate the individual straps (two straps per side) as they tend to have at least one that is always coming loose, and I like the clasps better than the cheap "button" style.

button type.PNG :fire<--- just say no to the buttons!

The clasps way better - easy to remove or adjust; you can make them tighter by a small twist to the mechanism with a set of plyers. 

The ones I got have plastic grips on the clasps, so I have not ripped or torn anything.  The ones that also clasp the socks can stretch the sock a bit, depending on tension, which is why I go with stirrup style.  When I first started using shirt stays, I used the button type, but I could sweat enough in the summer to have those things actually rust... I have not had that happen with the clasps.  Also, buttons would stretch out the little spot where the button pushed the shirt through the loop. The clasps leave a much less noticeable "waffle" circle that comes out on the wash.  

I have never used the garter style, I am always wearing pants with my shirts that need the stays. I would imagine if you are not going high tension they would work fine, but with my hairy Polish thighs I can imagine that pulling hairs and need to be readjusted constantly.  I don't want a reason to be tugging near my crotch (granted mid-thigh, but hey, if its a hot day, amiright?) in an office environment...

I've got a few interviews coming up. Might order a pair tonight and hope they arrive on time hahas.

Thank you Rob!

Ordered a pair from a USA mfg. company. Price was slightly more than the ones shown on Amazon but with S&H included (I paid $3 for three day) came out about the same. I'll post a link if they are any good.