WoT DHO Consolidation

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tankers, We are consolidating WoT DHO's active tankers into two clans. As World of Tanks and WoT DHO have changed and developed over the last several years our clan setup has remained

Dads are Dads wherever they end up. I came into DadsHideout when Directors and every sub-clan were active. Now I'm a Commander and a Director. It's tough for me to let go of DHO4, but I'm trying to do

I don't see any of this as a reflection of DadsHideout and all the sub-clans, though I would've done things differently years ago. Fact is, we have a good plan moving forward, and I'm very excited see

2 hours ago, SGrant7 said:

The only main difference with our group is that we require people to be a dad. People might see the tags, but many don't know what the tag stands for. Sure, some people might check us out and realize that they don't qualify, but I think the people we'd serve best are those dads that are running solo every night and don't know we exist. They'd like to platoon with a good group of guys and aren't really looking for the clan wars and SH experience. They don't want to platoon up with kids either. They are looking to platoon and hang out and chat with some people while blowing stuff up. Those are the people that are least likely to find us.

Absolutely. Adds an extra complication.

16 minutes ago, MBKKGD said:

Just a thought, has anyone given any thought maybe changing our clan logo? Me personally I never really understood why we have that logo. It doesn’t speak out dad’s only, my thought is were a Bunch of dad’s and should have a more witty .emblem.We might be able to draw a few more people to look at our clan page to see the picture and learn more about us with something more relevant to what we are

This makes sense to me too. A logo that somehow screams "dad" might help. But I don't know any of the history Mykk is alluding to.

19 minutes ago, MBKKGD said:

Just a thought, has anyone given any thought maybe changing our clan logo? Me personally I never really understood why we have that logo. It doesn’t speak out dad’s only, my thought is were a Bunch of dad’s and should have a more witty .emblem.We might be able to draw a few more people to look at our clan page to see the picture and learn more about us with something more relevant to what we are

Memory is hazy here, but someone who was involved early on had a relative that was part of US TD forces in WWII. That’s the panther thing, emblem of United States tank destroyer forces. 

Yes I remember something about that some guy name Joey. But I’m not really sure if that’s relevant anymore. With the way things have been consolidated,chopped up whatever you wanna call it if you’re looking to get new and fresh people maybe we need to have a complete and total revamp. 

Personally, I do not favor a logo change. I like the logo and doubt a more expressive logo will matter regarding recruitment. (Also, who is going to create it?). However, I’ll bring it up with the Directors and Rew.

From what I recall, the the initial forming of DHO was from folks within WoT (I know it's how I got in here when WoT was starting) and so using the tanker emblem from WW2 seemed to fit, especially given it's history so it seemed great to me.

Now, DHO spans a number of games so would a more universal emblem be better for World of Tanks.....maybe, but I'd think the tanker emblem still fits WoT itself. I don't think an emblem is going to give anyone a better scoop of who DHO is and what it's about over simply spending time grouped up with DHO folks and seeing the fun to be had.

Thats just my two cents from what I've seen over the years in DHO.

• 3 months later...

Tankers, brief update for everyone. A few changes were made yesterday.

Holsy and Sly stepped down as WoT Directors. Juggernaut41 and The_Dad are our new WoT Directors (with myself and Mykk).

Juggernaut is also the new commander of DHO-X. 

Many thanks to Holsy and Sly for their service. Welcome to Juggernaut and The_Dad.

Send them your congratulations and annoying questions!

I seemed to have missed the elections on this? Congrats to Jugg, and the best to The_Dad. I hope this is "Change We Can Believe In" and "Make DHO Great Again"!

Annoying question will come latter. Ill give them a chance to settle in and then, when they least expect it. Ill pounce!