gpc_4

WoT DHO Consolidation

Tankers,

We are consolidating WoT DHO's active tankers into two clans.

As World of Tanks and WoT DHO have changed and developed over the last several years our clan setup has remained static. WoT has aged but is still being developed by Wargaming and has many enthusiastic players. However, the player base has declined and so has our activity on the forum. The need for multiple DHO clans has diminished and it has been decided to consolidate our most engaged and active tankers in two clans, DHO and DHO-X. DHO will be the landing clan for new recruits and for active tankers that do not have the inclination, time, or tanks to participate in high tier, organized gameplay. DHO-X will focus on tier X gameplay and will ideally be the home for our community's 100 most active and skilled players. At a minimum, DHO and DHO-X will have activity requirements and tankers will be occasionally purged if they are no longer active.

The remaining clans; DHO2, DHO3, DHO4, DHO5 (for family members), and DHO6; will remain as DHO "Legacy" clans. These clans will be casual. You are free to stay with your current clan if that's what you'd like; you and the clan will not be removed from DHO. If you just want clan tags and never intend to use Discord or the forum then these clans are for you.

To clear space for the expected transfers, we will begin with a purge of inactive tankers from DHO and DHO-X. Please spread the word over the next week and the purges will occur at the end of October. Starting November 1, DHO and DHO-X will be our primary WoT clans. Transfer requests are welcome and expected. If you'd like to join DHO or DHO-X, please request an invite here; http://dadshideout.com/IPS/index.php?/topic/263-wot-clan-invite-requests/&page=382

We hope this consolidation of WoT DHO will bring together our most enthusiastic tankers and offer a stronger, more cohesive community.

-WoT Directors: gpc_4, mrholsy, Mykk, and SlyGambit.

@SGrant7 informed me there are issues with the new post if you're using the dark theme. I'll try to remedy this in the evening. 

Edited by gpc_4
I think I fixed everything.

Well, I am certainly glad I jumped ship when I did, no disrespect intended (literally). I felt making room for more active players was a good idea. Though I do wish I had found something more competitive than I had within the clan system - I went elsewhere (again). Too bad things have come to this yet at the same time it makes total sense. Good luck, and hopefully will see some DHO on the battlefield!

I don't see any of this as a reflection of DadsHideout and all the sub-clans, though I would've done things differently years ago. Fact is, we have a good plan moving forward, and I'm very excited seeing my friends move to DHO-X and DHO. To me, from the DadsHideout perspective, it's all about creating opportunities for dads to get what they want out of gaming. With WoT right now, I feel like that is having one super-active "raiding" clan, and one very active casual clan. It's an exciting time right now, and can't wait to see how things look in a month or two when the dust settles.

2 hours ago, Mykk said:

I don't see any of this as a reflection of DadsHideout and all the sub-clans, though I would've done things differently years ago. Fact is, we have a good plan moving forward, and I'm very excited seeing my friends move to DHO-X and DHO. To me, from the DadsHideout perspective, it's all about creating opportunities for dads to get what they want out of gaming. With WoT right now, I feel like that is having one super-active "raiding" clan, and one very active casual clan. It's an exciting time right now, and can't wait to see how things look in a month or two when the dust settles.

whatever the case, I don't believe I implied or suggested otherwise. 

I will apply to DHO as soon as Im actively able to play more than once every three months or so. I think this consolidation into O/X is a great idea & means that platooning etc will be easier if you have your active players concentrated in 2 rather than 5 or 6 clans.

What is the status of the reorganization ?  I saw a post today that mentioned it on Discord.  I am ,  of course, aware of the reorganization. I guess my real question is this. I see clearly that DHO and DHOX are full.  I also know some ( many ?) like to play and some even play actively but socially rather than constant stronghold battles etc.  It seemed like some things went to the back burner over the Holidays and rightly so. Now that holidays are pretty much over what are the next steps forward.  Are we opening up the remaining DHO clans ( 2-6) to additional membership ? Are there thoughts towards publicly stating certain clans are casual and others for those who want to play stronghold ? The two " active" clans are full...what happens to those who DO wish to be active but you don't really have a spot ?   I know the Directors talk these things over but perhaps its time for some updates ?