Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

w/c the joys

Going through another work injury. Can't get into detail for obvious reasons but this morning it took a lot not to snap and start making phone calls to regional directors at 6am after a few verbal altercations. I'm sure the management gods would love to know LOTOs being used on lockers along with major organizational issues regionally and at the plant.

#1 - hope you heal up quickly!

#2 - Not sure what your industry is, but one could leverage this as an opportunity to make a change - identify and log the discrepancies and present solutions that better meet all parties needs.  

Okay, drivel aside, it sounds like the classic problem of cost vs. profit. It is generally seen as "cheaper" to skip on safety items, but with the right approach, you show that keeping employees safe is better for the long-term bottom line.  Other avenues include identifying the rules and regulations internally, but more often, if there are external rules (aka laws) that are being broken, getting that information (and potential solutions) to those that worry about the big things (like regional leadership) could be a good idea.

Of course, if you think the whole situation is fucked up, no one will listen, and that they would rather risk your safety and life than confront the problems, I would suggest using your downtime to search for a new company...

I'm in phase two of hiring process for an office job about 40 minutes away. Lawyer is encouraging me not to quit due to the complications it could cause. If the doctors theory is correct I may have major impairment to my right arm/shoulder that could take me out of any laborer work (factory, sanitation, driving, etc.) for life.

I'm pretty well burning time until tax season. Even if I don't get said office job I've signed my papers to do taxes for company I worked for last year. Promotion and pay increase with good bonuses. Chance to go full time is there for the season.

I would follow the lawyer advice for certain! Sorry to hear that the injury is potentially so severe, but keep on trucking!  Tax season isn't too far away and that sounds like a great opportunity for you.  Best of luck, and keep us up to date!

Had a very insteresting phone call last night with regional guy. Got told per company policy I am not even supposed to be out on the production line doing work as I've been assigned by my Supervisor. Granted I have been keeping well within my restrictions he pretty much sounded pissed.

Its all good. Pain is there just still wondering how long it'll take until I actually get an MRI to finally tell if there is actual damage. End of October means two more months until $$$$ time.

Bit of a good update on this.

Contractor that arranges the appointments called last night. I'm finally getting an MRI tomorrow but its an hour away (no joke). Also got some ointment on my 2nd dose seems to be helping with the pain.