Sign in to follow this  
Sizmic

I just don't understand experience distribution

How does WG determine exp earned?

Had a decent battle on Karelia. Pushed the East/0 line. Was leading the charge the whole way doing some decent damage, blocking shots. and lighting tanks in the back. I was thinking I would come out top 5 and get some valuable experience for my British Challenge grind.

shot_067.thumb.jpg.1ad464c7048e2b1fcd8dd944d6590095.jpg

Decent battle that cost me some money. But....instead of top 5, I finished in the bottom 5! Nothing gained towards my British Challenge.

shot_065.thumb.jpg.566523db5e6d4ccb117c2429b9ada432.jpg

How in the hell did I get beat by the S. Conqueror? I beat him in every stat. And even got more damage up close than him.

shot_066.thumb.jpg.10347e74b2f174fdb8dedc54901eb090.jpg

I just don't get it. Very frustrating!

It's all because he drove farther than you... no, really!

Seriously though, their mechanic for XP is slightly broken. They explained it in more detail after Ranked S1 and how many people couldn't understand how or why certain tanks were doing better than others. The biggest part in it seems to be the distance between you and your enemies, whether you're being shot at or not. Being up close and personal makes a big difference. Every time an enemy tank fires near you, even if it's not at you, you get XP. I'm not sure if this S.Conq was closer to the battle than you, but that's the only thing that I could see from your results as being the problem.

Stupid? Yes! But that's the WG we've know and love, right?!?

I don't think it's range. I did 1700 under 300m and he did 720. Unless, I did all my damage between 200-300m.

image.png.7f8b410f6578fd1313cdefc53265880c.png

And it can't be he did more damage to higher tiers, since it was an all tier X match.

image.png.cce881dcf364b4290b649d687be37b5f.png

It must have to do something with his damage to crew & modules.

image.png.237e0852edd04f2a54a490f9015b8a2b.png

This must be a huge bonus to XP to offset the 2500 more damage I did than him.

It makes me wonder if the gunner Deadeye Perk is more valuable than camouflage. At least for leveling a tank faster.

That is a bit strange. The only thing I can think of is somehow all your damage was done to targets spotted by a teammate, even the ones <300m. And that S Conqueror just happened to spot both his targets himself. But even then, with sharing half your XP to the spotter you would have done 1600 worth of direct damage XP so... 🙄

22 minutes ago, Sizmic said:

I don't think it's range. I did 1700 under 300m and he did 720. Unless, I did all my damage between 200-300m.

image.png.7f8b410f6578fd1313cdefc53265880c.png

And it can't be he did more damage to higher tiers, since it was an all tier X match.

image.png.cce881dcf364b4290b649d687be37b5f.png

It must have to do something with his damage to crew & modules.

image.png.237e0852edd04f2a54a490f9015b8a2b.png

This must be a huge bonus to XP to offset the 2500 more damage I did than him.

It makes me wonder if the gunner Deadeye Perk is more valuable than camouflage. At least for leveling a tank faster.

What I was referring to doesn't have to do with actually doing any damage though. I specifically am talking about being near enemy tanks while they are shooting or while you are shooting. Even if the shots aren't at you or you don't get damage, every shot fired while you are near the enemies awards some XP. They call it Active Battle Actions.

If he was sitting on a hill in front of you and enemies were firing from the other side of the hill or he was shooting at other tanks, he would get awarded a small amount of XP every time he or they fire if they were in close proximity. Same thing if he was sitting on the other side of a building while still being in close proximity... 

If you kept your replay, watch from his point of view and see if he was in close proximity to enemy tanks for an extended period of time while he or they were shooting. If he wasn't, then I have no idea... That's literally the only thing I can think of. I made it my mission to get as close as I could to the enemies in my IS7 every battle in Ranked to try and get this XP.

It's a stupid system, but that's WG for you...

I posted the XP breakdown last season of Ranked here -->