Sign in to follow this  
Hapa_Fodder

Buying a home

Soooooooooooooooo, didn't get the house, it has appeared under contract.  My pre-approval took so damn long.... Bleh.  Back to square 1.

I found two awesome deals this morning, called to set up a walk through.... BOTH under contract.......  Seriously discouraging...

19 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I found two awesome deals this morning, called to set up a walk through.... BOTH under contract.......  Seriously discouraging...

For the most part around here, houses have accepted offers before they even hit the MLS listing service, and typically for asking price (or higher). It's been that way for a good year or more.

The best way around here, with the market this fast, is to find a realtor who has connections and can find you a place before it actually is listed for sale.

I've been trying to work pretty fast... but I always seem to be one step behind....

Currently trying to sneak in on this place...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8210-San-Anselmo-St-Beaumont-TX-77708/50339299_zpid/

keep it up - you have learned a bunch and are set up to take the next juicy offer that comes around!

UGH....  and once again my offer is beat out by someone else...  we are counter offering but we'll see....

5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

UGH....  and once again my offer is beat out by someone else...  we are counter offering but we'll see....

Nice looking house. I like that front covered deck to sit out on rain or shine (moreso thinking of rain here in Oregon). I hope it works out and sounds like you're in a hot market so just make sure you really like the place and don't rush too fast just to beat someone.

Good luck and enjoy the fun of it!

OFFER ACCEPTED!  I might actually have a home shortly! Well that's a relative statement...