Sign in to follow this  
Killer Avocado

So... submarines may be a thing...

In case anyone's missed it, they're bringing in subs for the Halloween event this year. 

Now, Halloween is a time for WG to go out there and do some crazy stuff, but apparently this is also a test run for introducing subs into the regular game later next year. 

As usual, there are plenty of folks crying "the end is nigh", but it looks interesting.  Depending on what the final form ends up being, of course.  Having a 5th ship type certainly changes up some of the dynamics of the game.

Anyway, here's one of the vids floating around.  Any thoughts?

Youtube link because I can't figure out how to embed in here before I have to go to work...

I ran out of time yesterday to get this post up, but The Daily Bounce had quite a bit of info on it. Lots of pics at the link below.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/09/18/world-of-warships-submarine-details-halloween-port/

Honestly, I am one of those people that think the game will die and A LOT of people will leave if subs go live in randoms.  Why?  Because the only counter for submarines will be DD's and Light cruisers, as they were ASW focused a lot of the time.

That being said, WG will probably get it wrong and put stuff that completely never was real like hydro on BB's....

The other problem is, they won't be able to balance them because you will as you do now have people that DON'T play their roles in the game.  MEANING DD's and CL's going AFTER subs... and BB's and CA's will get wrecked.... OR you will have a bunch of subs and no DD's or cruisers....

And right now with the current teams being 12... well I just don't see it working...  You have 1 CV, 4 BB's, 4 cruisers and  3 DD's on a "good" match up... most times it 3 BB's, 5 DD's and 4 cruisers...  

Just a gimmick.  Subs are too slow and will be too drastic a change to randoms. I think they will stay as a special event. 

It will be water level of the current planed CV rework stuff in my opinion. I don't see them making any substantial effect on the game. Limits on classes in a match will have to change as well.