Sign in to follow this  
Nismo2016

Iron Fist Season 2 - Netflix

Wrapped up season 2 the other night. I will say it was an improvement from season 1. Not earth shattering, but better. The season felt like more of a season 1 reboot/redo. Looking back Season 1 was more like an intro or preview and Season 2 was more of what S1 should have been.  It does set up thing for a much better season 3.

Ward's development was fun, Joy was as annoying as Thea in Arrow at times, Colleen was awesome, Misty great, and Danny was Danny, but a bit better. At least, for me, they are righting the ship in regard to his character. The  realization by Danny that he wasn't ready could really help to stretch the show a few more seasons than  planned.  So this could bode well going forward.

Spoiler

At the end of S2 Colleen gets the powers from Davos, there is linage there as she is an ancestor of the pirate queen (and female iron fist). Danny feels he is not ready and sets off with Ward. But the end of the last episode Danny and Ward. At a bar in Japan, Danny whips out two pistols that are glowing. Now I know what I know from the internet, never was much of a comics guy growing up) the guns belong(ed) to Orson Randall. An Iron Fist from WW1. He was also one that trained Danny' father. This story I find really fascinating.

So for season 3 we may get some more of a history lesson and Danny figuring things out. I know Danny realized how the fist was consuming him much to how it did Davos (and that lead to his demise). So maybe Danny gets some more training, learns about his parents connection, maybe gets the power back after something bad happened to Colleen.

Netflix must have some faith in the new showrunners because it will take another 2 season to catch up where the rest of the series are in terms of character development and story.

I'm glad to hear there's an improvement from Season 1.  I'll be starting it this weekend if I get done with Spider-Man and finish Voltron. 😄

Spoiler

Read some things on the net and realized I missed some possible connection and maybe some foreshadowing

In one of the early episodes there is a bloody crime scene and Misty picks up an Ace of Spades - This points to Bullseye

The also hit that Mary has a third personality - Bloody Mary - which I would love to see that play out.

As I understand both are staples in the DD stories, so this could be great for DD3 or LC/IF season 3s

There still a mix feeling abound about the sharing/transferring of powers and that Colleen getting powers is somehow pandering to the  internet cryhards.  But stepping back it does allow for Danny to find himself and for them to explore the Orson Randall thing which was hinted in S1 when Bakuto showed Danny the film.