Sign in to follow this  
Pinmonkey001

Mafia III

I was sitting around yesterday and for some reason I found myself on the Gamestop website.  Looking through what deals they had and noticed that the Mafia III Collectors Edition was discounted to 29.99 and the one nearest me had one in stock for the Xbone.  Now Mafia III was never really on my gaming radar but 30 bucks for a Collectors Edition caught my eye.  So I did a little research to see what people had said about the game and turns out they said it was enjoyable.  So I called Gamestop to confirm they had it.  The girl who answered the phone asked me to spell it to make sure she was getting the game right.  I thought it was a little weird, but maybe I wasn't speaking clearly over the phone.... it happens.  She looked it up and said yes they had it but let her check to make sure the computer was correct.... which is why I called.  She comes back to the phone and says she found a box but didn't think it was the collectors edition.  I thanked her and hung up but I didn't believe her because it didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about.  Now the store is only a few minutes away and we needed to go out anyway so we stop in.  We look around and sure enough there it was on a random shelf by the Xbone games leaving me to believe that she had it in hand but didn't know what she was looking at.  

I am really enjoying the game.  The controls are a little wonky but nothing horribly game breaking and the story is sucking me in.  The soundtrack is... perfect.  The CE came with two vinyl records one an original score and one with some classic tracks like Paint it black and all along the watch tower.  Now I have to be on the look out for a record player at garage sales.  I'm hooked on the game.  I know what I'm playing until Red Dead comes out!

I have it. Played it for like 30 minutes or so I think, and then got sucked into other games and never came back. I never played Mafia, but Mafia 2 was a really fun game that I enjoyed and that's why I got it. It was free last month on PS Plus too. I really need to just play it over again, but Destiny and stuff.