Sign in to follow this  
mx119

Warning: SPG discussion

The following question concerns SPG's. If you are squeamish or lack constitution it is recommended you hit the back button and slowly walk away.

I am currently at tier 8 on three lines. German, British and US. I was thinking of researching and keeping 1 for each tier. The following is what I plan

Tier 6: FV304

Tier 7: GW Panther

Tier 8: Undecided ( currently have GW Tiger P, M40/43, FV207)

Tier 9: M53/55

Tier X: CGC

I don't really feel like continuing down the German line, although it was the first one I did and I have 2 good crews for it. So I may keep the GW Tiger P despite its slowness and gun arch.

I have 1 crew for the US and 2 for the UK line. I have heard the M53/55 is the best tier for tier, and the CGC is sometimes useful for clan wars.

Any thoughts besides "sell them all and never play arty" ?

Although somewhat nauseous, I will chime in with a non-arty player's perspective. I get hit a lot by M53/55s and see them all the time... and the CGC does indeed seem to be the general arty of choice for CW/SH. I'd be surprised if your fellow Dark Siders didn't agree with your tier 9 and 10 "if only one" choices. 

Do not neglect the Tier 5 Lef if you can find it on sale.

Tier 6 and 7 you've got solid choices there. GW Panther is actually the first tank i ever 2 marked.

At Tier 8 I would suggest the M40/43 or the 207. Personally I preferred the 207, but its not for everyone

Tier 9, absolutely the 53/55

And yes, tier 10, the CGC, especially if you can afford to run premium food and lob premium shells

My only input is on the FV304. For me, it is a shadow of its former self. The American tier 6 seems like the best now.