Sign in to follow this  
ThatRandomJanitor

Vocation Time

Hospital can be interesting especially for on your roll within the org. Wife is a nurse and its really wonky, plus she "has" to work certain holidays.

For me working at a mid size credit union - they are pretty generous years 1-5 is 10 days PTO (vacation), 5 Sick (short term absence) You get a flex day for your B-day and another for Good Friday. We get a 3rd  Flex day since we don't have an annual company party anymore and sometimes the CEO will throw another out there as a reward (or to say he's sorry - like making us come in during a blizzard only to leave 2 hrs later). You can carry 5 PTO and 5 sick over rest are use of lose.

And being an FI we get the Fed holidays.

This year I had 4 weeks and 10 sick days plus 4-5 flex.  was pretty nice...hard to burn them all since I don't like taking off unless I have to.

Guest Nickali28
38 minutes ago, Nismo2016 said:

Hospital can be interesting especially for on your roll within the org. Wife is a nurse and its really wonky, plus she "has" to work certain holidays.

For me working at a mid size credit union - they are pretty generous years 1-5 is 10 days PTO (vacation), 5 Sick (short term absence) You get a flex day for your B-day and another for Good Friday. We get a 3rd  Flex day since we don't have an annual company party anymore and sometimes the CEO will throw another out there as a reward (or to say he's sorry - like making us come in during a blizzard only to leave 2 hrs later). You can carry 5 PTO and 5 sick over rest are use of lose.

And being an FI we get the Fed holidays.

This year I had 4 weeks and 10 sick days plus 4-5 flex.  was pretty nice...hard to burn them all since I don't like taking off unless I have to.

With all those fed days, that's like 7 weeks.  Nice.

I see most people around here in brick or mortar closed/off for probably 4 weeks out of the year, but pretty sure they aren't getting paid for the day.  It's just a day off.

So many places have like 1 week of vacation and 3 sick days or something just really awful.  And that is after working for a few years.  You might get 10 days off because of holidays, unpaid, that's ok, but man the other is just bad.

Mine is "whatever you can work out with your manager". We have no official PTO/Vacation tracking. Plus side, I can work out probably up to 5 weeks or so of time off over a year. Downside, no accumulation of any time off for end-of-job payout.

Guest Nickali28
11 hours ago, Mykk said:

I just looked mine up, it totals 7 weeks. Yay me!

Wasn't handed to me. I've given a lot to this hospital system for 19 years.

Nice.  If I manage to not get the boot before next year, I'll have a total of 36 days possible each year.  7 week and a day.  I've given a lot to the Hospital I'm at as well.  Nearly had a divorce in the early days with all the overtime I put in during a remodel/expansion project.