A new event is now live called Solstice of Heroes, but only on PS4. This event is open to all Destiny players, regardless of expansions purchased. This goes from today to August 28th. It is a chance to earn exotic gear and make your way up to 400 Light Power before the drop of the newest expansion, Forsaken, in September. It's all about completing challenges and finishing remixed missions, but mostly it's the challenges. So look for those challenges and get leveled up.

Watching people do this on Twitch. I missed where he gets the armor, but probably in the tower. Then the armor has challenges associated with it. This guy has to get like 30 void weapon kills in PvP, 30 solar kills in strike, do so many public events, etc. Doesn't seem impossible. A little bit of work, and playing across all game modes. Also, each armor piece starts at 200. Once you complete the challenges, it is suppose to bump them to 400.

Started this last night with Magma. We got 4 our of the 5 redux missions done. Working on collecting orbs as we go for solar, void and arc is confusing. Not sure how we are generating them, and they don't seem to all count despite picking them up. Not sure how it is working. Still have a lot of work to do though. Gotta get super kills on strikes, and like 25 public events. Also looks like once you complete the challenges, the armor turns to blue, which gives you another 3 sets of challenges for each, which then turns it to purple, and then finally gold,,,,maybe. I guess it might just be legendary purple so you can wear it all. I don't know. Thing is, Scooby-Doo, we got some work to do.

Man, we are on our blue armor, Magma and I. You know you have to have the subclass equipped for whatever orb you are collecting, right? Happy to help do the redux missions if you see us online. You have to do those for both armor sets, and I'm working on Hunter and Warlock armor sets, also getting my Titan through the campaign and then hope to do his armor as well. It's really not that hard.

23 hours ago, Aftrthought051 said:

You know you have to have the subclass equipped for whatever orb you are collecting, right? 

Last night I was running my Void Walker and I collected a couple Solar orbs. I never switched sub-classes the entire mission. Not sure if that was supposed to happen or not.

I think you get a few, and I've gotten orbs for the class I didn't have equipped, but I got WAY more when my subclass was appropriate to the orbs I needed to collect. Specifically if I used that element weapon with the element sub-class.

• 3 weeks later...