Aftrthought051

Son's First Vehicle

I can't believe this day has come, but had to buy my oldest his first vehicle. We did a lot of shopping around and test driving because he is 6'3", so it was tough to find something he liked AND he would be comfortable in. He finally told us he was most comfortable in Dodge Ram trucks and Chevy Avalanches. We ended up finding a really nice '06 Chevy Avalanche that we snagged for just $3500. It has over 200k miles on it, but it is clean. Sun roof, and clean on the inside. Very well cared for. Had the check engine light on for a misfire, so I changed the spark plugs, and changed the ignition coil for the 8 cylinder where the misfire was occurring and it's clean now. Pretty nice for a first vehicle.

7ECJ7eR.jpg

I've got a friend that has put better than 300k miles on four different Suburbans, I can't stand the way they drive but certainly can't argue with the engine's durability.

R

Unfortunately there was none except a new battery receipt. It's still a smooth ride for now though. Felt his brakes were a bit worn down yesterday though, so gonna change them this weekend. Drove it to my friend's house about 2 hours away last weekend and it was a nice ride. That boy is pretty lucky in my book. I think I like it more than him. LOL. But I'm happy to see him driving and in it comfortably with his 6'2" frame.