Romire

New US Army PT Test

Just got off the phone with an old buddy in TRADOC about the new Army PT Test ( ACFT Army Combat Fitness Test) that is now Official. Be Prepared for the changes, gone will be the standard 2 min push up, 2 min sit up, 2 mile run. Now it will consist of 

1. 3 rep Dead Lift ( 125 lbs- 425 lbs)

2. Standing Power Throw ( throw a 10 lbs weighted ball over your head to the rear)

3.  T-Pushup ( Hand Release Pushup)

4.  Sprint-Drag-Carry ( Sprint 25 meters, Drag 90 lbs 25 meters, Carry 2 40 lbs kettle bells 1 each hand 25 meters)

5. Leg Tuck ( on pull up bar use your body core and legs to lift your legs up and touch your elbows)

6. 2 mile run ( with reduced times)

I was unable to get a time frame as to when it would be implemented, so just a heads up for my Brother Soldiers.

LMAO, I love that show. Seems a bit more practical. I know I talked with a buddy who just got out of the USMC and they changed theirs too. You do a PFT twice a year, and once is the traditional with pull-ups, crunches, and 3 mile run, but the other is more practical stuff. I think you do a fireman's carry, an ammo can carry, and something else. Basically dragging some weight, not just body weight mechanics.

Now if only the Air Force will take the time to figure out how to make our PT test not just a meaningless checkbox. I have no issues with a more rigorous test but our current pushup, situp, 1.5 mile run, and  waist measurement contributes nothing to readiness.  

On 7/28/2018 at 4:50 PM, Pelfaid said:

Now if only the Air Force will take the time to figure out how to make our PT test not just a meaningless checkbox. I have no issues with a more rigorous test but our current pushup, situp, 1.5 mile run, and  waist measurement contributes nothing to readiness.  

Hey now, they're just making sure you don't bust out into sweat and are ready for those air conditioned tents in the field.