Anyone done these?  Thinking of doing a cruise next fall (Nov 2019 ish).  Currently the plan would be a 4 day cruise, not doing any of the excursions.  Looked at doing the parks instead, but for similar cost we would have a lot more transit time each day.  Girls would be 2 1/2, almost 4, and 5 years old in November.

Ayle

I might have mentioned this on Discord: we've not done it ourselves, but a Disneyphile we know loves the Disney cruises. She said that she and her husband tries to do the cruise every couple of years. Supposedly they pamper you like kings and queens. If your kids are too young to maximize the park ride experience, the cruise sounds like a good alternative.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:09 AM, Ayleward2 said:

Anyone done these?  Thinking of doing a cruise next fall (Nov 2019 ish).  Currently the plan would be a 4 day cruise, not doing any of the excursions.  Looked at doing the parks instead, but for similar cost we would have a lot more transit time each day.  Girls would be 2 1/2, almost 4, and 5 years old in November.

Ayle

I've done a few !! If youre going with the kids it has to be one of the best ! You won't be disappointed good food,  good entertainment ! Also depending on the cruise, Disney is the only line allowed to have firework displays at sea 😁

Let me chime in here having just returned from a 7 day cruise with the family.  I looked into the Disney cruise initially, but after some additional research I found that the TOP cruiseline for families is actually Royal Caribbean.  Why, well let me tell ya.  With a Disney Cruise you are paying, in most cases, upwards of $800 more per person for the name.  Take a look at the Harmony of the Seas, the ship we sailed on.  What royal Caribbean has done is tie in with Dreamworks Studios, so the kids see the Trolls, Shreck, and How to Train a dragon characters.  My 7 and 9 year old LOVED the trip.  What they also have done right in that specific ship is the entire upper deck is slides, both water and regular, flowriders, sports areas, and pools and hot tubs everywhere.  For the parents and kids is adventure camp.  From the morning to 12, and 2 to 5, and 7 pm to 1am is adventure camp which my kids loved.  The ship groups the kids into their age groups and has daily dedicated activities including a movie theater and science labs.  We would get back from shore and the kids would ask to go straight to camp.  Save tons of money and do Royal Caribbean, and maybe send some my way for saving you so much.

Yeah, I agree with Schulz. I love Disney, but unless you are just obsessed, GOTTA BE DISNEY, better to do another cruise line and then go to Disney World after. I heard the island they have is fun, but not like it's really worth the price you are paying.

5 hours ago, Aftrthought051 said:

Yeah, I agree with Schulz. I love Disney, but unless you are just obsessed, GOTTA BE DISNEY, better to do another cruise line and then go to Disney World after. I heard the island they have is fun, but not like it's really worth the price you are paying.

Agreed