Happy Fathers Day! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nismo2016

Fallout 76

I for one am pretty excited for Fallout 76 coming out this year. I have always wanted to roam the wasteland with some friends and Fallout 76 is giving us that opportunity.

Now I know the reveal of the game has worried some hardcore FO fans, but I encourage you to watch this Documentary from NoClip on the making of FO76 (Down Below). It really clears things up.

With that out of the way, I'm curious to see if there is anyone else who may be down for this.  I know some of us dabbled in 7 Days to Die and was a good time. Private servers won't be up at launch but it is something I am considering for a DHO group. Would be really cool to have teams of dads allied together or pitted against each other for runs of the game.

What say you....

Also watch the Documentary, very well done

17 minutes ago, Nismo2016 said:

I for one am pretty excited for Fallout 76 coming out this year. I have always wanted to roam the wasteland with some friends and Fallout 76 is giving us that opportunity.

Now I know the reveal of the game has worried some hardcore FO fans, but I encourage you to watch this Documentary from NoClip on the making of FO76 (Down Below). It really clears things up.

With that out of the way, I'm curious to see if there is anyone else who may be down for this.  I know some of us dabbled in 7 Days to Die and was a good time. Private servers won't be up at launch but it is something I am considering for a DHO group. Would be really cool to have teams of dads allied together or pitted against each other for runs of the game.

What say you....

Also watch the Documentary, very well done

If I'm playing this, it'll be on the XBX1.... I'm still surprised that it'll launch this year. They kept this a really big secret.

There will be an open BETA to try out prior to the launch and an earlier BETA for those that pre-order the game. That will give a lot of the nay-sayers a chance to see if they're going to like it or hate it.

Just a heads up that there is another thread in this forum for the game as well.

http://dadshideout.com/IPS/index.php?/forum/124-fallout/

5 hours ago, SGrant7 said:

Just a heads up that there is another thread in this forum for the game as well.

PC MASTER RACE!

On 6/15/2018 at 4:55 PM, Nismo2016 said:

PC MASTER RACE!

:spamsign

Lol. PC's are awesome... and I still love the one I built. But, I play most of my games on the Xbox still. I do have lots on the PC, but I have a lot of real life friends that I game with on the Xbox. And I do enjoy hoping into my recliner and booting up my Xbox on my 4K 55" TV with the big speaker surround sound. Yes... I could always run my PC to my TV, but I'm lazy.

I think I mentioned this on Discord, but my concern is that this game will be all the mechanics that I hate that I normally mod out of my Bethesda games: inventory management, encumbrance, etc. On the other hand, it would be fun to have a game where dads can jump in and do a group pew-pew.

I missed the DHO 7 Days to Die boat. Maybe if you guys get a DHO thing going in FO76, I'll consider it.

Looking forward to it.  I just got my son's hand me down gaming laptop, and have been playing FO4 a bit.  Just discovered mods and am tinkering with a couple.  Love the modern firearms...they might be OP but they are fun.  I'd be up for running with some dads in 76.

So I went ahead and pre-ordered FO76 for PC. Early birthday present for myself. BETA opens Oct 30th on PC, full game open by Nov 14th. Figure I could get a few hours in before launch.  BETA progress is supposedly saved for full launch (which I am sort of at odds with).  

So if anyone end ups preording or jumping on when the game goes live, give me a shout on Discord (same name).

Once private servers are a thing I'm sure a few of use will be going in that direction. As for cross-play won't happen at launch but Pete Hines mentioned it is something they are perusing.

From PC Gamer Article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-76/fallout-76-system-requirements

Fallout 76 minimum specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz / AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz or equivalent
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent
  • Storage: 60GB of free disk space

The four-core / four-thread Sandy Bridge Intel i5 2300 is enough to keep Fallout 4 chugging along, but that won’t do for Fallout 76. On the Intel side, Bethesda’s upped the minimum requirement to an i7, indicating that the online vision for Fallout will be a bit more demanding on your CPU, though thankfully the GPU requirements remain fairly relaxed

Fallout 76 recommended specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 970 4GB / AMD R9 290X 4GB
  • Storage: 60GB of free disk space

BETA Times for PC

• Tuesday, October 30: 4 pm - 8 pm PT / 7 pm - 11 pm ET.
  • Thursday, November 1: 11 am - 4 pm PT / 2 pm - 7 pm ET.
  • Saturday, November 3: 2 pm - 6 pm PT / 5 pm - 9 pm ET.
  • Sunday, November 4: 11 am - 6 pm PT / 2 pm to 9 pm ET

The minimums for a computer system must have changed.  Below is what they have on their site.

Fallout 76 (minimum):
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600k 3.5 GHz /AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz or equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 60 GB of free disk space

I'm a little concerned about my current laptop which is a handme down from my son.  I've got an i7 (2.4GHz?) and 16 GB of RAM.  However, my video is NVIDIA GTX 770M.  That is a step down from their minimum listed.  I may try it using my son's Steam account and go from there.

2 hours ago, ncpinz said:

The minimums for a computer system must have changed.  Below is what they have on their site.

Fallout 76 (minimum):
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600k 3.5 GHz /AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz or equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 60 GB of free disk space

I'm a little concerned about my current laptop which is a handme down from my son.  I've got an i7 (2.4GHz?) and 16 GB of RAM.  However, my video is NVIDIA GTX 770M.  That is a step down from their minimum listed.  I may try it using my son's Steam account and go from there.

My i5 6600K made the cut finally! Lol!